Police confirm 16 killed by gunmen in Kaduna day after governorship election

Police confirm 16 killed by gunmen in Kaduna day after governorship election

- No fewer than 16 people have been killed by gunmen in Kajuru LGA, according to the police

- The men were killed at about 7:30 a.m. on Sunday, March 10, when the gunmen stormed their village

- The state police commissioner has vowed to uncover the masterminds of this dastardly act and bring them to justice

The Kaduna state Police Command on Monday, March 11, said no fewer than 16 persons were killed by gunmen at Barde Village under Maro in Kajuru local government area of the state.

The command’s public relations officer, DSP Yakubu Sabo, confirmed this to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Kaduna.

Sabo said at about 7:30 a.m. on Sunday, some unknown armed men entered Barde Village under Maro in Kajuru local government area and started shooting sporadically which resulted to the death of 16 persons.

READ ALSO: LIVE UPDATES: Official INEC collation of governorship results (Day 3)

He said on receipt of the information, the command mobilised teams of police operatives led by Kajuru Divisional Police Officer (DPO) along side military personnel with a view to apprehend the perpetrators and restore normalcy to the area.

He added that operation was ongoing and the situation had been brought under control.

”While investigation is in progress, the Commissioner of Police, Ahmad Abdurrahman, has vowed to uncover the masterminds of this dastardly act and bring them to justice," he said.

He appealed for calm and extended his heartfelt condolences to the families of those who were affected by the recent carnage.

PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Meanwhile, Legit.ng earlier reported that no less than 66 people in Kajuru LGA died in killings by gunmen on February 15, a day before the postponed presidential election.

Among the victims are 22 children and 12 women while four wounded persons were said to have been rescued by security agents who were alerted of the attacks.

Confirming the incident, Kaduna state governor, Nasir El-Rufai, in a statement signed by Samuel Aruwan, senior special assistant to the governor (media & publicity) expressed sadness at the development.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng. We have upgraded to serve you better.

Frustrated Nigerian man says 'nobody cares about you'| Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Mailfire view pixel