El-Rufai denies issuing orders for more retrenchment of workers

El-Rufai denies issuing orders for more retrenchment of workers

- The Kaduna state government has denied claims that it plans to sack civil servants working in the state

- The governor of the state said the State Head of Service was not directed to rationalise the work force and convert some of them to casual staff

- Nasir El-Rufai said the report was entirely fake and did not emanate from his office

Governor Nasir El-Rufa’i on Tuesday, March 5, denied issuing fresh orders for the rationalisation of more civil servants under the Kaduna State Government.

The governor who had sacked thousands of civil servants since assuming office in 2015, said the document in circulation that he directed the State Head of Service to rationalise the work force and convert some of them to casual staff, was entirely fake and did not emanate from him.

The governor, in a statement by his media aide, Samuel Aruwan, and made available to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Kaduna, alleged that the document was being circulated by the opposition to score cheap political goals ahead of Saturday governorship election.

He stressed that it was sheer mischief by the opposition who have sensed clear defeat in the forthcoming election.

READ ALSO: Issue between Buhari and I not personal - Obasanjo speaks after presidential election

“Our attention has been drawn to a document suggesting rationalization and conversation of civil servants to casual staff by the Kaduna state government.

“To set the record straight, the document in question is fake, forged and never emanated from the Governor.

“It emanated from the opposition who have no selling points, instead have outrightly resort to mundane and gutter politics ahead of Saturday election.

“It is on this note, that we wish to disassociate the Governor and Government of Kaduna State from this criminally minded document by the drowning opposition.

“By this notice, we wish to inform our work force and citizens to disregard the entire contents of the fraudulent document.

“We also wish to alert members of the general public to be vigilant of this nefarious activity of drowning political mongers .”

Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that not less than 32 gubernatorial candidates in Kaduna, under the umbrella of Kaduna State Progressive Governorship Candidates Forum have jointly exited the gubernatorial race for Governor Nasir El-Rufai of the ruling All Progressives Congress, (APC).

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!

The 32 candidates alongside 49 political parties on Monday, March 4, endorsed Governor El-rufai as their consensus candidate.

Comrade Auwal Abdullahi Aliyu, the chairman of the United Democratic Party (UDP), said that their decision was influenced by the need for the governor to continue with his good works since he assumed power in the state.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng: Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!

2019 Election: Nigerians reveal what Buhari did to them| Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Mailfire view pixel