Suspected bandits reportedly kill 40 people in Zamfara communities

Suspected bandits reportedly kill 40 people in Zamfara communities

- No fewer than 40 people have reportedly lost their lives as suspected bandits attacked Zamfara communities

- The fresh attacks were said to have occurred in Danjibga and other communities in Shinkafi and Anka local government areas of the state

- Governor Abdulaziz Yari has, however, sworn to deal with bandits troubling the north central state

Suspected bandits have reportedly killed 40 people in renewed attacks on two communities of Zamfara state.

The Nation reports that the attacks came less than 24 hours after Governor Abdulaziz Yari swore to deal with bandits troubling the north central state.

Legit.ng gathered that Governor Yari also directed security agencies to unmask those behind such attacks and bring them to justice.

READ ALSO: Elections: What happened in Akwa Ibom on February 23 was robbery - Buhari

The fresh attacks were said to have occurred on Sunday afternoon, March 3, in Danjibga and other communities in Shinkafi and Anka local government areas.

It was gathered that the bandits reportedly operated on motorcycles.

The state police public relation officer, SP Muhammad Shehu, said he could not ascertain the casualty figures and the extent of damage in the affected communities. He was quoted to have said that a news conference would be held later on the development.

The Army spokesman of the Operation Sharar Daji, Major Clement Abiade, was said to have confirmed the incidents, saying the casualty figures would be released later.

According to him, the commander in charge of the operation had arrived in the area to provide security and to assess the situation.

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that the Sokoto state government confirmed another attack by bandits in Rabah local government area of the state.

The state governor, Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, in a state broadcast, said the attack occurred in Dalijan, Rakkoni and Kalhu communities on Monday, February 25.

PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

He informed the residents of the state that 16 people died in the attack and commiserated with the people of Rabah local government area on the loss.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!

Can Nigerian Soldiers really not deal with Boko Haram fighters?| - on Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Mailfire view pixel