We all know this feeling: when you are alone in an empty room or surrounded by a crowd, you feel like you do not belong, like you are alone in this world and have no one to turn to. But this is not true, and Bible verses about loneliness prove it. In this article, you will find scriptures that will help you to fight back the feeling of isolation.
The Bible is the wisest book ever created by humanity. It contains ideas and statements that can be applied to any situation. Therefore, when you encounter an obstacle of any kind, face a dilemma, or simply look for inspiration, you should always seek the Holy Book. Feeling lonely is not an exception. The Bible has a lot to say on the matter.
The best Bible verses about loneliness
It is natural to feel like you are alone in the world, and no one understands you. We were there at certain periods of our lives. You can try to cope with the issue on your own. However, there is a better option: Bible scriptures about loneliness.
There are many scriptures in the Bible about loneliness. However, we have picked the ones that will surely help you cope with this unpleasant feeling, lend you strength, and rekindle your faith.
- "But still I am ever with you; you have taken me by my right hand. Your wisdom will be my guide, and later you will put me in a place of honor. Whom have I in heaven but you? And having you I have no desire for anything on earth. My flesh and my heart are wasting away: but God is the Rock of my heart and my eternal heritage." — Psalm 73:23-26
- "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." — Deuteronomy 31:6
- "For the sake of his great name the LORD will not reject his people, because the LORD was pleased to make you his own." — 1 Samuel 12:22
- "Behold, the time is coming, yes, and has now come, that you will be scattered, everyone to his own place, and you will leave me alone. Yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me. I have told you these things, that in me you may have peace. In the world you have oppression; but cheer up! I have overcome the world." — John 16:32-33
- "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." — Isaiah 41:10
- "If you love me, keep my commandments. I will pray to the Father, and he will give you another Counselor, that he may be with you forever, the Spirit of truth, whom the world can’t receive; for it doesn’t see him, neither knows him. You know him, for he lives with you, and will be in you." — John 14:15-17
READ ALSO: Bible verses about fear
- "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." — Romans 8:38-39
- "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the LORD, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." — Psalm 91:1-2
- "A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families,he leads out the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land." — Psalm 68:5-6
- "Jesus came to them and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to me in heaven and on earth. Go, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I commanded you. Behold, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” — Matthew 28:18-20
- "Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” — Hebrews 13:5
- "I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth." — Psalm 121:1-2
- "Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior." — Isaiah 43:1-3
- "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." — Philippians 4:6-7
- "No one stood by me the first time I defended myself; all deserted me. … But the Lord stayed with me and gave me strength." — Timothy 4:16-17
- "No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life. Just as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you or forsake you." — Joshua 1:5
- "By this we know that we abide in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit." — 1 John 4:13
- "I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world." — John 16:33
- "Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God." — Psalm 42:11
- "Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. The troubles of my heart are enlarged; bring me out of my distresses. Consider my affliction and my trouble, and forgive all my sins. Consider how many are my foes, and with what violent hatred they hate me. Oh, guard my soul, and deliver me! Let me not be put to shame, for I take refuge in you." — Psalm 25:16-21
Bible verses about loneliness can do miracles. Reading them once, you will never claim that you are alone in this world. These scriptures clearly demonstrate that God is always with you. He guides and protects you. He will never leave you, as you are His beloved child. If you have faith and love for the Lord, everything will be alright.
READ ALSO: Top 20 Bible verses on healing