- President Buhari has been urged to bring to book all those who breached electoral laws during the just concluded election
- The plea for justice was made by Senator Magnus Abe on Wednesday, February 27
- According to the senator, Nigerians had made the right choice by re-electing President Buhari for another four years in office
Senator Magnus Abe has called on President Muhammadu Buhari-led government to bring to book all those who breached electoral laws during Saturday’s Presidential and National Assembly elections.
Abe, a member of the All Progressives Congress (APC), representing Rivers South-East Senatorial District, made the call in a statement on Wednesday, February 27, in Port Harcourt.
Abe said that Nigerians had made the right choice by re-electing President Buhari for another four years in office.
“I am using this medium to congratulate President Muhammadu Buhari on re-election for a second term and also to very Nigerian who took part in making of this history.
“I call on the government to punish all those found guilt of various electoral offences across the country - no matter how highly placed.
Abe condemned the violence that took place in some local government areas of Rivers as well as in other parts of the country.
“However, nobody can dispute the facts that it (re-election) has answered the yearnings of the average majority of Nigerians. It is clear expression of wish of the Nigerian people for continuity and progress.
“Therefore, we call on the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and members of the main opposition party to accept verdict of the Nigerian people,” he appealed.
The senator urged the president-elect to extend hands of fellowship to others to end bitterness, rancour and acrimony held by some section of the masses.
PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
He said that all political actors should come together to move the nation to prosperity.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that President Buhari, on Wednesday, February 27, condemned the attacks by bandits in Sokoto and the inter-communal conflict in Kaduna state.
The president also commiserated with families of victims of the attacks in both states.
A statement by Garba Shehu, the senior special assistant on media and publicity to the president said mass murder of innocent people by criminals would be met with full force.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng: Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!
Southern Kaduna killings - on Legit TV