Court dismisses Dasuki’s application for indefinite adjournment

Court dismisses Dasuki’s application for indefinite adjournment

- An FCT High Court has dismissed an application made by the former national security adviser

- Sambo Dasuki had applied for an indefinite adjournment of a criminal case against him before a Federal Capital Territory High Court

- However, Justice Valentine Ashi ruled that the three respondents in the case before Justice Ojukwu were not parties to the case before the FCT high court

An application made by the former national security adviser, Sambo Dasuki, for an indefinite adjournment of a criminal case against him before a Federal Capital Territory High Court has been dismissed.

The former NSA in his application prayed the court for an adjournment sine die (indefinite) pending when the judgement of Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu of a Federal High Court in Abuja on July 2, 2018 ordering his release is complied with by the government.

However, in his ruling, Justice Valentine Ashi held that the three respondents in the case before Justice Ojukwu were not parties to the case before the FCT high court.

READ ALSO: LIVE UPDATES: Day 2: Buhari continues to lead as results of more states are released

Daily Trust reports that the judge said that Justice Ojukwu is empowered by law to enforce her judgement and that nothing shows that such application has been made before her.

“This application is nothing but gross abuse of process and cannot be allowed to stand, it is hereby dismissed,” Justice Ashi held.

The judge further adjourned the matter to April 16, 17 & 18 for definite hearing.

Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that chief Raymond Dokpesi, a media tycoon in Nigeria, who is the owner of Daar Investment and Holdings Company Limited, told the Federal High Court in Abuja on Friday, October 19, that he is not the launderer of the N2.1bn as alleged in an ongoing trial but the former National Security Adviser (NSA) Sambo Dasuki, who paid the funds to him in 2015.

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!

Dokpesi spoke through his lawyer, Chief Kanu Agabi (SAN), while arguing their no-case submission which they filed after the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) closed case against him with the 14th prosecution witness in May 2018.

The EFCC had charged Dokpesi and Daar Investment with money laundering and procurement fraud involving the sum of N2.1bn which they allegedly received from the office of the national security adviser between January and March 2015.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng. We have upgraded to serve you better.

2019 Election: Presidential candidate, party leaders react to announced results| Legit TV

Source: Legit

Mailfire view pixel