- The police in Kwara has said the claim that the force is planning to carry out a raid in the state is false
- The command asked residents in the state to go about their daily activities without fear
- The police restated that its commitment is towards the protection of all lives and properties
The Kwara police command has denied the rumour on social media that the command was planning to carry out raids from 8pm on Thursday, February 21 and Friday, February 22, across the state.
Its public relations officer, Ajayi Okasanmi, also a deputy superintendent of police, said this in Ilorin on Thursday, February 21, in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).
He said that there was no such order from the authorities to officers and men of the command.
He, therefore, urged members of the public to treat the post as fake news, saying that people should go about their normal and lawful businesses without any molestation.
Okasanmi restated the commitment of the command to continue to protect lives and property of the people in the state.
PAY ATTENTION: Download our mobile app to enjoy the latest news updates
Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that the Kwara state chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) warned the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) against compromising its integrity and neutrality in the execution of its assignment, especially in the deployment of ad-hoc staffers in the state, during the rescheduled 2019 general elections.
The warning was contained in a statement sent to Legit.ng, on Monday, February 18, by the Kwara APC chairman, Hon. Bashir Bolarinwa.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng. We have upgraded to serve you better.
2019 Election: New IGP Speaks Tough | Legit TV