- A group has written an open letter to President Muhammadu Buhari ahead of the 2019 general elections
- The group named Initiative for Vulnerable Women and Children (SIVWOC) accused some APC National Assembly candidates in Bauchi of forgery
- They warned that the action of the candidates is capable of undermining the APC in the state
A group, Initiative for Vulnerable Women and Children (SIVWOC), has written an open letter to President Muhammadu Buhari, accusing some All Progressives Congress (APC) National Assembly candidates in Bauchi state of forgery.
The group warned that the action of the candidates is capable of undermining the APC in the state ahead of the 2019 general elections.
Legit.ng checks revealed that the letter was also published in several national newspapers on Friday, 15.
In a press statement sent to Premium Times and signed by Safiya Bauchi, the group recalled that primary elections conducted by the APC were fraught with irregularities, disrespect for the rule of law, subversion of the will of the people, excesses of party leaders.
This, the statement noted, has led to a great risk of the party’s exclusion from the 2019 general elections in Zamfara, Rivers and in Bauchi state, where no fewer than four APC candidates for National Assembly were caught in a web of certificate scandals, ranging from forging university degrees to forging their dates of birth, thereby lying on oath.
“We all have seen and read about the sham of an election that took place in Bauchi state. Surprisingly, your party endorsed the charade and legitimised it.
“Mr. President sir, we are afraid that your party is now at the risk of losing several National Assembly seats in the courts, even if the party wins, to the opposition as a result of the reckless imposition of candidates that saw the emergence of certificate forgers as candidates in the Saturday’s election.
“Your Excellency sir, in Bauchi state, no fewer than four APC candidates for National Assembly were caught in a web of certificate scandals, ranging from forging University degrees to forging their dates of birth, thereby lying on oath,” the group said.
The group gave the names of the candidates as;
1. Haliru Dauda Jika (Current member representing Darazo/Ganjuwa federal constituency and APC senatorial candidate for Bauchi central senatorial district).
2. Mohammed Garba Gololo (Member representing Gamawa federal constituency and APC candidate for same position).
3. Abubakar Dalhatu Abdullahi (APC candidate for House of Representatives in Bogoro/Dass/Tafawa Balewa federal constituency).
4. Ibrahim Mohammed Baba (Member representing Katagum federal constituency and APC candidate for same).
“These faces of fraud cannot be entrusted to represent the people. Mr. President sir, there is certainly a looming tsunami which will sweep away APC victory in Bauchi state. All because there was no primaries in Bauchi.
“The governor simply imposed his stooges on the people and the APC should prepare to pay dearly for his acts of indiscretion. We are still investigating other candidates. It appears the case is shockingly endless.
“Mr. President sir, women and children are always the worse victims of bad leadership. That’s why we are concerned about the situation in Bauchi state,” the group concluded.
PAY ATTENTION: Download our mobile app to enjoy the latest news updates
Meanwhile, the Kogi state APC campaign council has rejected the purported endorsement of all Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidates, including the presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, by the Kogi East Elders and Council (KEEC).
Director-General of the APC campaign council in the state, Mr. Edward Onoja in a statement sent to Legit.ng on Thursday, February 14, described the endorsement as 'totally inconsequential.'
Onoja who is also the chief of staff to the Kogi state government, said members of the KEEC only serve the interest of their members, families and cronies.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng: We have updated to serve you better!
I married four wives, built houses under Buhari's regime - farmer boasts| Legit TV