No Igbo man should obey IPOB’s sit-at-home order - Nigeria’s high commissioner to India

No Igbo man should obey IPOB’s sit-at-home order - Nigeria’s high commissioner to India

The Nigerian high commissioner to India, retired Maj.-Gen. Chris Eze, urged Igbos not to listen to IPOB's sit-at-home order

- Eze said the order was a way of distracting some ignorant people from exercising their franchise

- The Nigerian high commissioner noted that whatever IPOB says to boycott the election was not in the interest of the southeast

The Nigerian high commissioner to India, retired Maj.-Gen. Chris Eze, has described the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) sit-at-home order during Saturday’s general elections as counterproductive.

Eze said on Thursday, February 14, in Enugu that no sensible Igbo man should obey such silly order, adding that it was a way of distracting some ignorant people from exercising their franchise.

He said that in 2006 that Uwazurike came up with MASSOB and prevented Igbo’s from being counted in the census.

READ ALSO: Just in: 9 governorship candidates reportedly stepdown for Araraume

The high commissioner said that the statistics compiled in 2006 put Igbo’s where they are today.

“If the Igbos know what is good for them, they should not listen to IPOB; they should re-integrate themselves into the national main stream like they did in 1979," he said.

Eze said that if you look at the world now, strategically speaking, there was consolidation rather than segmentation.

He noted that whatever IPOB says to boycott the election was not in the interest of the southeast at all as they should ignore them and their threat.

He urged the people of Enugu state to rejoice as this was the first time since 1999 that they had an alternative platform, adding that Enugu had been practicing almost one party system.

The high commissioner encouraged the people to use this election to send serious message to People’s Democratic Party (PDP) to break their strong hold in the state.

PAY ATTENTION: Download our mobile app to enjoy the latest news updates

Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that the leadership of Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth Wing appealed to the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) to shelve the idea of referendum and participate in the forthcoming presidential election.

The youths of Ohanaeze Ndigbo said that IPOB fixing their referendum as the same day the presidential election will be held is simply a clear invitation for trouble from the nation’s armed forces.

The youths also told the IPOB that not participating in the next general elections will not help the Igbo cause but rather derail it, while reminding the group about that the Igbos are still facing grave consequences for boycotting the 2006 census.

Chief Arthur, the national leader of Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth Wing, made this known in a statement in Enugu state on Monday, February 11.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng. We have upgraded to serve you better.

THE SCOOP: IPOB proscribed, Nnamdi Kanu vanishes, 2600 rifles from Turkey | Legit TV

Source: Legit

Mailfire view pixel