Borno Governor Shettima reacts to Boko Haram attack on his convoy

Borno Governor Shettima reacts to Boko Haram attack on his convoy

- Borno state governor, Shettima, has opened up on the Boko Haram attack on his convoy

- The governor said he was going for a campaign when the attack was unleashed on him

- Shettima also promised to visit the families of three people who died in the incident

Following the incident of gun attack on his convoy by men suspected to be Boko Haram terrorists on Wednesday, February 13, Borno state governor, Ibrahim Shettima, has opened up on his ordeal and successful escape from the ambush of the Islamists.

Reacting to the attack through a statement by his special adviser on communication and strategy, Isa Gusau, Tribune reports that Governor Shettima, who said he was still in a great shock, attributed his escape to luck.

Legit.ng gathers that the governor also commiserated with the families of three people who went with the incident and pledged to meet the families of the deceased on Thursday, February 14.

READ ALSO: NAIJ.com upgrades to Legit.ng: a letter from our Editor-in-Chief Bayo Olupohunda

The statement read: “Tuesday’s incident happened while the governor was on his way to Gamboru in continuation of campaigns for the presidential and National Assembly elections coming up on Saturday.

“The governor had left Maiduguri on Tuesday morning and stopped for campaigns in Mafa and Dikwa local government areas before heading to Gamboru where he passed the night and returned to Maiduguri on Wednesday.

“He had on Monday traveled to Damasak, headquarters of Mobbar local government area in northern Borno. Before then, he had previously held campaigns in most parts of northern Borno including Monguno where he spent the night.

''He had also been to all the nine local government areas of southern Borno including Chibok, Gwoza, Askira-Uba and Biu where he spent days."

The governor, who expressed confidence in the security efforts towards the fight against insurgency, promised to meet with necessary security agencies to review the situation.

PAY ATTENTION: Download our mobile app to enjoy the latest news update

He said: "The governor has absolute confidence in the armed forces and given his access to raw updates, he is aware of the successes being recorded by the armed forces despite Tuesday’s and previous attacks by the insurgents.

"For one success recorded by the insurgents, the armed forces record dozens against them."

Legit.ng had previously reported that Boko Haram terrorists had opened fire on the convoy of Governor Kashim Shettima of Borno state.

The incident happened on Wednesday, February 13, as the convoy was travelling from Maiduguri, the state capital, to Gamboru-Ngala for a political rally.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) is now-> Legit.ng. We have updated to serve you better.

President Buhari commissions first Nigerian drone | Legit TV

Source: Legit

Mailfire view pixel