A Kaduna state high court has adjourned till May 2, for motion on notice seeking the recall of Governor Nasiru El-Rufai for further cross examination in the suit he instituted against the Union Newspapers.
The court is also expected to receive the assets declaration documents of El-Rufai on the same date.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Governor El-Rufai had in 2017 opened and closed his case challenging the report by the newspaper in which it said he had declared N90 billion in his assets declaration form to the Code of Conduct Bureau.
Legit.ng gathers that the adjournment on Wednesday, February 13, followed the oral application made by the defence counsel, HA Abuul.
Also, counsel to the CCB, Temitope Adeyemi, had requested for another date to enable the bureau carry on the process of producing the assets declaration document of the governor.
The judge, Justice Mairo Mohammed, said the court would consider the motion on the next adjourned date.
During Wednesday’s sitting, chairman of the CCB, who was ordered to be arrested by the court for failing to honour its summons, was represented by Adeyemi.
Adeyemi informed the court that the chairman is new in office, as he only assumed duty in late November 2018, and had no prior knowledge of the subpoena, as such requested for new date to produce the assets documents.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that a Kaduna state high court on Friday, February 8, issued a warrant of arrest against the chairman of Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) for contempt over a case in which Governor El Rufai was alleged to have declared N90 billion in his CCB assets declaration form.
The warrant of arrest was issued by Justice Mario Mohammed after the chairman had ignored several summons by the court in a suit between Kaduna state governor, Nasir El-Rufai and Today’s publishing Company Limited, and one other.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have updated to serve you better
Controversy trails plans to evict Igbos from the north as El-Rufai blows hot | Legit TV