- A former lawmaker, Leo Delkon, has reacted to the allegation that his company is printing sensitive electoral materials
- The allegation was leveled against the former member of the House of Representatives by PDP's Abraham Yiljap
- In reaction, the former lawmaker claimed innocence and threatened to take a legal action against his accusers
Leo Delkon, a former member of the House of Representatives, has dismissed allegations that his printing company, Hamilton Press, was printing electoral materials.
Delkon, who spoke with newsmen on Tuesday, February 12, in Jos, also threatened to sue former Plateau information commissioner, Abraham Yiljap, who he accused of making the allegations, NAN reports.
Legit.ng gathers that Yiljap, who is the chairman, publicity committee, PDP campaign council in Plateau, had, in a press statement issued in Jos on Sunday, February 10, alleged that the printing firm was producing and storing sensitive electoral materials ostensibly for use in the forthcoming elections.
The statement also claimed that vehicles had been spotted conveying people into the premises of the company lately.
But Delkon, who expressed shock at the allegations, said that his company had never been involved in such activity.
Delkon, who represented Pankshin/Kanke/Kanam federal constituency between 2003 and 2007, said that vehicles sighted in the company’s premises were used by students of Federal College of Education (FCE), Pankshin, on an excursion visit.
He said: “I will head to court to seek redress; I won’t take the matter lightly,” he said, adding that a similar allegation was hurled at his company in 2015.
“This time, I will drag them to court because they want to tarnish my image. Yiljap must show me the ballot papers I print here. My hands are clean. Yiljap must explain to members of the public what sensitive materials are being printed here."
Delkon claimed that his accusers were "not happy at my progress and want to pull me down".
Earlier, She’d Manor, the production manager of the company, had expressed surprise at the allegations, which he described as “very untrue and malicious”.
Also speaking, Nazil Sunday, a lecturer at the FCE, who led the students on the excursion visit, said that the trip was usually compulsory for NCE I students taking Course SOS 214, which focuses on field trips.
He said: “A total of 1500 students offer the course. We divided them into 10 groups of 150 each. On each day, beginning from February 4, we bring a group here to learn entrepreneurship as young Nigerians."
Contacted, Yiljap said that he merely drew the attention of the security agencies to what he heard so that they could institute an investigation.
PAY ATTENTION: Download our mobile app to enjoy the latest news update
He said: “From information at our disposal, the security agencies are already conducting an official investigation into the matter. It is not the first time we are sharing information with the security agencies to help them to do their work."
Yiljap, however, refused to react to Delkon’s threat. He said: “We shall, for now, withhold further comment on the matter until the investigation is completed."
Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that with few days to the 2019 general elections in the country, the All Progressive Congress (APC) gubernatorial candidate , Babajide Sanwo-Olu, had berated his close challenger, the Peoples democratic Party (PDP)'s Jimi Agbaje.
Responding to questions during an interview on a radio show on Tuesday, January 29, in Lagos, the APC candidate dragged Agbaje's political competence to question, adding that the PDP candidate lacked the will and competence to govern the state.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have updated to serve you better
Lagos Governor: Is Sanwoolu a better candidate than Ambode?| Legit TV