If you want to pamper your family or beloved with mouthwatering grilled fish, here is the recipe to follow. In the post below, you will find out how to make grilled fish in Nigerian style. All you need is our tasty recipe, fish, inspiration and an hour of your time.
Very often a person who is responsible in a family for cooking faces a dilemma, what to cook for dinner. In most cases, the preference is given to meat, but we are sure that your family will incredibly happy to taste delicious fish prepared with love. We are glad to present you a quite simple recipe which can add some sharp notes to your healthy diet.
How to grill fish in the oven
The dish is prepared in two stages. The first will be directly related to the marinating of fish, and the second will be devoted to the sauce. If you gradually follow the recipe, then, in the end, you will get a delicious and healthy dish. Are you ready for a culinary masterpiece? First things first, start from the ingredients.
- 1 tilapia
- 1/2 ginger root
- Olive oil (or any other)
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme or 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 fresh rosemary or 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp crushed pepper flakes
- 1/2 onion
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp lime or lemon juice
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 scotch bonnet
- 1/2 onion
- 3 knorr cubes
- 3 garlic cloves
- Salt to taste
READ ALSO: Recipes on how to grill fish
- First, you need to wash tilapia thoroughly and clean it of its squama. Then make deep cuts all over the fish trunk. In such a way the marinade can penetrate deep into and saturate the fish with its taste.
- Mix two tbsp. of olive or vegetable oil with rosemary, cumin, cayenne pepper, three cloves of garlic, half an onion, one tsp. of lemon juice and half ginger. Mix well all the ingredients together using a blender until you have indiscrete mass.
- Add crushed pepper flakes and again mix everything thoroughly. Now the marinade is ready.
- You need to coat tilapia with the prepared marinade. A silicone brush is the best tool for this, but if you do not have one, then use either a spoon or another make-shift. Make sure the marinade goes into the cuts. You need to smear the fish from the outside and inside.
- Leave tilapia to pickle and start preparing a sauce. To cook it, you need to mix the remaining garlic, ginger, as well as bell pepper and scotch bonnet. You need to combine all the ingredients with a blender into a homogeneous mixture.
- You should add approximately one tablespoon of vegetable or olive oil into the pan. When the pan is heated, then you need to add half of the chopped onion and fry until it becomes golden brown. Now add salt and Knorr cubes to your taste.
- Stew the sauce on low heat for 15 minutes.
- When you see that the fish is marinated enough, you can proceed directly to grilling it in the oven. You need to preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Put tilapia in the oven only for 5 minutes. After this, you need to get it out of the oven and anoint it with the sauce the cuts. After that, put it back in the oven for 30-40 minutes.
- Do not forget that you have to turn the fish in the oven. You have to do this every 10-15 minutes. Even if it seems to you that it does not burn, turn it anyway. This action will help you not only to save the dish from burning but also help it to cook well on both sides.
- You can consider that the dish is ready when it is golden brown on both sides. Serve the dish with the sauce and vegetables, fresh and grilled to your liking.
- The dish can also be served with any garnish, ranging from rice and ending with potatoes. Enjoy your meal!
How many grilled fish recipes do you know? Are they special? We will be glad if you will share them with us. Did you like our recipe? We hope you really did. Share your opinion with us as well in the comments section.
READ ALSO: How to fry potatoes in a pan