Barely 24 hours after Boko Haram attack, Adamawa residents return home

Barely 24 hours after Boko Haram attack, Adamawa residents return home

- Things have normalised in Madagali and Michika local government areas of Adamawa state after Boko Haram attack

- Residents who fled following the attack by the insurgents have started returning to their homes

- The federal government has been in a long war of neutralising the insurgent group in the country over the years

Residents of Madagali and Michika local government areas of Adamawa state have started returning to their homes, barely 24 hours after fleeing, due to fear of attacks by Boko Haram insurgents.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the jihadists have waged a decade-long relentless war on Nigeria, ruining the economy of the country’s vast northeast and forcing hundreds out of their homes.

But the federal government has decapitated the insurgents, forcing them to resort to isolated attacks and banditry.

On Monday, February 4, there was apprehension that the jihadists had made an incursion into communities in Madagali and Michika local government areas of Adamawa, forcing residents to flee into nearby bushes and hills.

READ ALSO: Atiku's alleged secret plot if he wins presidential poll - Buhari's aide

Speaking to NAN on the development, the Adamawa state commissioner of information and strategy, Malam Ahmad Sajoh, said that the night attack by the hoodlums was contained by security operatives.

He said: “The insurgents were contained around Kirchinga hills near Sambisa Forest. Security operatives confronted them there and they were contained.

“The development created fear and rumours that the insurgents were heading towards Shuwa and Michika towns, making many people to flee. Things have normalised now and people are back in their homes."

The commissioner said, however, that there was no report of civilian casualty at present.

In his words: "We are going to have an emergency security meeting now where we will get details of everything that happened.”

He lauded security operatives and residents of the state for their resilience and commitment to fighting the insurgents, saying that the attempt by Boko Haram to resume its deadly activities in the state would not succeed.

PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

A resident of Michika community, Abdulrahman Mutawalli, who spoke to NAN on the uproar in the town said that activities were returning to normal in the area.“There was panic yesterday night but now everything is okay,” he said.

Recall that Legit.ng previously reported that troops of 159 Battalion, Forward Operational Base (FOB), Sector 2, Operation Lafiya Dole, on Monday evening, January 5, repelled attempted terrorists incursion into the border town of Kanama, Yunusari local government of Yobe state.

The acting assistant director army public relations, Lieutenant Njoka Irabor, made this known in a press statement issued in Damaturu.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have updated to serve you better.

Can Nigerian Soldiers really not deal with Boko Haram fighters? | Legit TV

Source: Legit

Mailfire view pixel