Nigerian man says internet access should be restricted during general elections

Nigerian man says internet access should be restricted during general elections

A Nigerian man recently took his social media platform with a series of tweets in which he had given the suggestion that internet access should be restricted during the forthcoming general elections.

The Nigerian man identified as Aye.Dee tweeted that internet use should be completely shut down at precisely 11:59pm, on Friday, February 12, and should be restored at exactly the same time on Saturday, February 16, 2019, after the completion of the election exercise.

He said if this step was not taken, there would be chaos in the country as two of the leading political parties in the forthcoming general elections, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and All Progressives Congress (APC), are bound to brandish fake results.

The concerned citizen stressed that the 2019 election was a crucial one, as such, manipulation of the electorates for propaganda by the political parties cannot be allowed.

Nigerian man says internet access should be contained during general elections

Screenshots of tweets. Photo source : Twitter/@Mrayedee
Source: Twitter

READ ALSO: 2019 elections: Petroleum marketers endorse Buhari for 2nd term

general elections

PAY ATTENTION: Read best news on Nigeria's #1 news app

Dee also added that it made sense to restrict the access of internet to sanctify the electoral process. He cited an example of Bangladesh, a country with over 160 million population, that had made a similar call with internet use during the country’s general elections.

PAY ATTENTION: Get your daily relationship tips and advice on Africa Love Aid group

Nigerian man says internet access should be contained during general elections

Screenshot of tweet. Photo source:Twitter/@Mrayedee
Source: Twitter

Nigerian man says internet access should be contained during general elections

Screenshot of tweet. Photo source: Twitter/@Mrayedee
Source: Twitter

READ ALSO: NAIJ.com upgrades to Legit.ng: a letter from our Editor-in-Chief Bayo Olupohunda

Legit.ng had however previously reported that the national security adviser, Babagana Moguno, has denied plans to shut down internet. He assured Nigerians to disregard the allegation that his office had any plans to take such an action.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better

The Next President of Nigeria. Who Will Win the 2019 Elections? | Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Mailfire view pixel