How many facts from 2Face Idibia biography do you know? The biography of 2Face Idibia is an excellent example of how talent and hard work can change anybody's story. For this artist, music is not a hobby – it is his life. In this article, you will find interesting information about this star.
The name of the award-winning singer, record producer, and songwriter is widely known, not only in Nigeria but also throughout the entire African continent.
His full name is Innocent Ujah Idibia. However, most people know him as 2Baba.
2Face has won many awards for his hard work and talent, the most popular of them being:
- One MTV Europe Award
- One World Music Award
- One BET Award
- One MOBO Award
- One KORA Award
- Two SoundCity Music Video Award
- Four Channel O Music Video Awards
- Four MTV Africa Music Awards
- Five Headies Awards, and lots of nominations
How old is 2Face and where is he from?
2Baba was born on September 18, 1975. He was born in Jos, the capital city of Plateau State, Nigeria. His roots are from the Idoma ethnic group that inhabited the southern area of Benue State in central Nigeria.
Benue State is also the home of Mount Saint Gabriel’s Secondary School in Makurdi where 2Face Idibia got his primary education. After he finished high school, he enrolled at the Institute of Management & Technology (IMT) to study business administration and management. This part of his life was not only a step into an independent future but also the starting point of his music career.
In 1996, while he was in IMT, 2Face began writing jingles at Enugu Broadcasting Services. Eventually, 2Face dropped out of school to pursue a career in music. He left Enugu for Lagos, where he started collaborating with Blackface Naija. They met when 2Baba was studying at IMT. They decided to start a band with another musician, Faze.
The trio named their band Plantashun Boiz and released two successful albums:
- Body and Soul (2000)
- Sold Out (2003)
In 2004, the band broke up, and each musician went to start a solo career. It was a perfect opportunity for 2Face to show all his talents as a solo artiste. He released several albums such as:
- Face 2 Face (2004)
- Grass 2 Grace (2006)
However, in 2007, all the members of the band reunited and released their third album “Plan B”.
Later, in 2008, the singer produced his next album “ The Unstoppable”. In 2010, the album's international edition was released under the title "The Unstoppable International Edition."
2Face Idibia wife
It is always exciting to find out who your favorite singer or actor married.
Top 7 facts to know about 2Face Idibia wife:
- The name of 2Face’s beloved woman is Annie Macaulay.
- She is a Nigerian actress, model, and presenter.
- 2Face Idibia and Annie Macaulay got married on May 2, 2012. The ceremony took place in Lagos, Nigeria.
- The couple also had a traditional wedding ceremony. It took place on March 8, 2013, in the city of Eket in Akwa-Ibom State.
- Their third wedding was held in Dubai on March 23, 2013.
- On August 17, 2015, Annie Macaulay opened a beauty salon: BeOlive Hair Studio in Atlanta, Georgia, USA.
READ ALSO: Annie Idibia biography
Children are an essential constituent of every happy marriage. What about 2Baba? How many children does 2Face have?
You will be surprised to know that 2Face is not only a gifted musician but also a good father to his 7 children from 3 women:
- Nino - His mother is Sumbo Ajaba
- Zion – He is the second child of Sumbo Ajaba and 2Baba
- Justin – His mother is Pero Adeniyi
- Rose - Pero Adeniyi's daughter
- Innocent Idibia
- Isabel Idibia - She is a daughter of Annie Macaulay and 2Face.
- Olivia Idibia - She is the second daughter of Annie Macaulay and 2Baba.
Not only is 2Face an amazing artist, he is also an amazing father to his children. Perhaps, in the nearest future, we will admire these little stars who might be on the same musical path as their father.
READ ALSO: 2face house and cars