David Beckham becomes shareholder at National League club Salford City

David Beckham becomes shareholder at National League club Salford City

- Manchester United legend David Beckham has bought shares at Salford City

- He now joins Manchester United class of 92 who own sixty percent at the club

- Beckham is also a shareholder at American club Inter Miami

English lower League division Salford City have announced that former Manchester United winger David Beckham has become a shareholder in the National League side.

The Englishman is said to have secured a 10 percent shares of the club and therefore joins the likes of Ryan Giggs, Gary Neville, Phil Neville, Paul Scholes who are also shareholders.

Manchester United 'Class of 92' currently own 60% of Salford City with the remaining 40% being held by Singapore businessman Peter Lim.

On the other hand, David Beckham already owns American club Inter Miami who will join Major League Soccer in 2020.

PAY ATTENTION: Become a member of the leading sports Facebook group 'Naija Football Fan Zone'

"It's a proud moment for me to join Peter Lim and the 'Class of 92' lads as an owner of Salford City FC.

"It's a really special club and a special group of people. My early years in Manchester were all spent in Salford. I grew up there in many ways so to be able to finally join the lads and the club today is a great feeling,'' Beckham explained.

Salford City are currently occupying third position in the National League, and they could make history this season should they get promotion.

Earlier, Legit.ng had reported how Manchester United Legend David Beckham is targeting Barcelona play-maker Lionel Messi ahead of Inter Miami's official campaign in the Major League Soccer (MLS) in 2020.

According to the report, the 31-year-old Albiceleste captain is among the top players on Miami's wish-list as they prepare to splash out the cash.

Messi’s current deal at the Nou Camp runs out in 2021 at the age of 33 and might not be keen to move to another European club as well as returning to Argentina after his recent experiences with the Albiceleste.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have updated to serve you better

Ferdinand reveals admiration for Okocha, why he quit boxing and Man U problems | Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Mailfire view pixel