Man City boss Pep Guardiola says Benjamin Mendy will return to action against Burton

Man City boss Pep Guardiola says Benjamin Mendy will return to action against Burton

- Manchester City defender Benjamin Mendy will return to action on Wednesday, January 23

- The Frenchman has been out since November 11 last year when he got an injury against Man United

- City boss Pep Guardiola confirmed this latest development ahead of Carabao Cup match against Burton

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has confirmed that France international Benjamin Mendy will make his return from injury against Burton in the Carabao Cup.

The 24-year-old defender has been sidelined since November last year but was pictured in training on Tuesday, January 22, ahead of the semifinal tie.

Already, Manchester City have booked their place in the final of the EFL Cup after beating Burton 9-0 in the first leg encounter and it would hard for their opponents to cancel the margin.

PAY ATTENTION: Become a member of the leading sports Facebook group 'Naija Football Fan Zone'

READ ALSO: Barcelona new signing Kevin Boateng says Lionel Messi is the World's best player

Pep Guardiola also revealed that Belgian football star Kevin De Bruyne and Phil Foden will be in his first team against the lower League side.

"Benjamin is in the squad, he will travel with us. Maybe on the bench. The results say we haven't missed him too much in the last two years but I miss him a lot.

''I have a feeling he can give us something extra and hopefully in the last part of the season we can use him. He pushes from outside and is unstoppable. In the last third he's so clever.

''He's played very few and all the talk, training practice, he's not there. He will need time to adjust to what we need with his quality,'' Guardiola explained according to Dailymail UK.

Mendy last featured on November 11 during the 3-1 victory over Manchester United, but his return is a timely boost with City trailing Liverpool by four points in the Premier League.

Manchester City are currently occupying second position on the Premier League standings with 56 points after 23 games.

Earlier, Legit.ng had reported how Real Madrid star Isco emerged as a January 2019 target for Premier League champions Manchester City and the Citizens will have to meet his transfer clause to sign him.

Although the Spanish football star is under contract at Real Madrid till the year 2022, but lack of active playing time this season under Solari at the Bernabeu could force him out of the club.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have updated to serve you better

Ferdinand reveals admiration for Okocha, why he quit boxing and Man U problems | Legit TV

Source: Legit

Mailfire view pixel