Buhari won't share public funds to friends, family - Osinbajo

Buhari won't share public funds to friends, family - Osinbajo

- Yemi Osinbajo, the Nigeria's vice president, has urged Nigerians to vote for President Muhammadu Buhari on February 16

- The vice president said that Buhari would not share public funds to friends and family

- Osinbajo noted that Buhari has done excellently well in the fight against corruption

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, has assured Nigerians that when re-elected, the President Muhammadu Buhari administration would not share public funds to friends and families.

Nigerian Tribune reports that Osinbajo made the pledge at a dialogue organised by Christian Youths in Lagos State, under the aegis of the GRILL, Ikeja Branch, at the Podium Events Centre, Ikeja, Lagos.

Legit.ng gathered that he said President Buhari deserves to be re-elected because of the way he had been able to address grand corruption, which was the main problem that led to the destruction of the nation’s economy.

READ ALSO: NAIJ.com upgrades to Legit.ng: a letter from our Editor-in-Chief Bayo Olupohunda

“Corruption has had detrimental effects on Nigeria’s economy. This country was subjected to corruption for many years. Grand corruption perpetuated by previous governments is responsible for the state of the economy.

“Many of the projects in the country initiated by the previous government are not completed because of corruption. Grand corruption makes people start projects and never complete them.

“Grand corruption is when the head of government takes money from the treasury and shares it to the people. You will never find people stealing from the public treasury under this administration.

“The same individuals who robbed this country are saying they want to come back and fix the problems. We should ask them what they are going to do about grand corruption? How are you sure they are not going to enrich their friends with public funds,” the VP said.

Osinbajo, while answering questions from the audience on the dismissed Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Babachir Lawal, and the Director-General of the Nigeria Intelligence Agency (NIA), Amb. Ayo Oke, said the duo were recommended for prosecution by the committee he chaired.

“I think the first thing for us is that the report was acted upon; the former SGF was dismissed. Secondly, the president has directed that the SGF and former DG of NIA should be prosecuted.

“So, we are expecting that prosecution will take place. The next of course is that criminal allegations will be filed against them and the prosecution process will be completed,” he said.

The vice president, however, called for more tolerance among Christians and Muslims in the country.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the VP later held a closed-door meeting with various representatives of Igbo groups and organisations in Lagos state.

READ ALSO: Breaking: Court restrains FG from removing CJN Onnoghen

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that former vice president and presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, accused President Muhammadu Buhari and the All Progressives Congress (APC) of violating the constitution and the Electoral Act 2010, by allegedly deploying state resources and apparatuses for the 2019 presidential campaign.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We keep evolving to serve our readers better.

We are honestly tired of Buhari and Atiku | - on Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Mailfire view pixel