Several stories of how gas explosions have killed many has been reported on social media but unfortunately, people still fall victims of this unfortunate incident.
It is the joy of every parent to reap the fruits of their labor but such was not the case of Mildred Amadi’s parents. The young lady reportedly died following a cooking gas explosion which took place on Thursday, December 27, 2018.
Amadi was a fresh Computer Science graduate from the University of Calabar (UNICAL). She reportedly died on Saturday morning, January 12.
According to her cousin, Amadi, who was meant to go for her NYSC in March, had gone to braid her hair at a multipurpose hall in Rukpokwu Rumuiwechiorlu, Port Harcourt, Rivers state. While there, a boy was said to have turned on a camp gas and stepped out to get a lighter. Upon his return, he was warned against igniting the burner of the camp gas, since so much gas had already escaped.
However, the boy ignored the warnings and told them that nothing would happen. But immediately he ignited it, there was an explosion and late Amadi was badly affected. She was rushed to Bridgestone Hospital in Port Harcourt, where she died this morning.
Her cousin further disclosed that the deceased was the only daughter of her mom, never wanted to make her hair but her mom persuaded her to, so that she would look good.
Legit.ng earlier reported that a young lady on Friday, December 14, 2018, announced the death of her dear friend, Benson Ikani. According to Joseph Tina Ejuchegahi, Ikani was involved in a fatal accident which took place in Kogi state. The deceased recently graduated from Kogi State University, he studied Fisheries and Aquaculture.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have updated to serve you better
Help! My daughter's husband wants to pay dowry on her corpse | Legit TV.