Check out our easy Nigerian pancake recipe and learn how to make your morning better. Let’s take a look at two basic ways to make pancakes so that you can choose what tastes better for you, or just take both of them!
Morning is the most important part of the day for every person in this world because our mood for the whole day depends on how good we feel in the morning. And of course, our mood won’t be as good as we want it to be, if we eat something we can’t enjoy.
Today, we are going to see some easy recipes to start your day. Most people in Nigeria consider pancakes a simple snack. It is, actually. Pancakes usually go well with some drinks. But if we look deeper, we can find out that pancakes may serve as a sterling breakfast because it is full of protein, fats and oils.
Now, let’s see how to prepare pancakes easily and make your mood and mood of your whole family better.
Nigerian pancake recipe ⌗1
Here is what you are going to need for the first recipe:
- 1 cup (150g) of plain flour
- 2 medium eggs
- ½ cup (125 ml) of evaporated milk (peak milk)
- 2 tablespoons of margarine or butter
- 1 cup (250 ml) of water
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 6 teaspoons of sugar (or to taste)
- Vanilla sugar (to taste)
- vegetable oil
How to make Nigerian pancakes
READ ALSO: How to boil meat quickly: useful tips
Before the process of frying your pancakes, let’s take a look at some steps you have to follow:
- Take a small bowl, put some margarine or butter in it and melt it in the microwave.
- Add two eggs in melted margarine and beat it all together until it becomes smooth.
- Then add half cup of water in it.
- Add the flour and mix all very well to minimize the lumps.
- Add milk, salt, sugar, vanilla sugar and half cup of water. Then stir it well.
- Use a liquid blender while blending the mixture. That will help our pancakes to get smooth consistency. Or simply mix all of it very well to get minimal lumps.
After all these steps are done, let’s move to directions:
- Put a frying pan on a medium heat. Add some vegetable oil.
- Pour the pancake batter on the frying pan when it’s already hot. It must be a very thin layer of batter.
- Fry your future pancake on one side for about a minute, shake the pan from time to time.
- Make sure the underside of a pancake is browned enough, then flip it on another side.
- When both sides are light brown, it means that the pancake is ready to be served.
If you use your pancakes as a snack, then take some chill drink, tea or coffee and enjoy. If your aim is to make a perfect breakfast full of nutrients, try to serve the pancakes with oat meal, custard or akamu (ogi). This is one of the best ways to start your morning in a sweet way.
Nigerian pancake recipe ⌗2
Just in case you prefer some Nigerian pancakes, here is one of the very short and very easy Nigerian breakfast recipes which includes onion, potato and meat. Although, that seems like this meal may serve not only as a breakfast, but as a perfect lunch or dinner etc. Here is what you will need:
- 6 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 cup all purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 large egg
- 1 lb ground meat (pork, chicken, turkey or beef)
- 1 small/medium onion, finely diced
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup fine bread crumbs (plain or Italian style)
How to make pancakes
- Put a frying pan on a medium heat. Add some olive or vegetable oil and ground meat.
- Add some salt, pepper and seasoning. Then remove to the separate bowl.
- Put onion and carrots in the same frying pan, stir on a medium heat for five minutes, add salt and pepper.
- Return the meat to the frying pan.
- Press the garlic and add some chopped parsley, cook until fragrant then remove from heat.
- Stir mashed potato with an egg and flour. Make small “pancakes” with your hands and put them on a disk.
- Place some filling with a tablespoon in a center of your pancake and pinch the edges together.
- Dip pancake in bread crumbs.
- Put the pancake on the frying pan, cook for 3-5 minutes on each side until lightly brown color.
Now, as we've learned how to make Nigerian pancakes, you can choose whether you prefer sweet or salty ones, or you can even cook both of them. Whatever you choose, you may be sure that your morning (or not only morning) will be really easy and satisfying with these recipes.
READ ALSO: How to cook beans and yam