- Cesc Fabregas has been told by Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri to leave the club
- Sarri wants the Spanish football star to accept the offer from Monaco immediately
- Fabregas is currently 31, and Chelsea have the rule of only giving players above 30 years just a year deal
Maurizio Sarri who is the manager of Premier League side Chelsea has advised Spanish football star Cesc Fabregas to leave the club for a move to French side Monaco.
Fabregas' current contract at Stamford Bridge will expire at the end of the ongoing Premier League season, but he appeared to say goodbye to Chelsea fans in their FA Cup tie on Saturday, January 5.
And with Chelsea offering one-year contract for players aged over 30, Sarri said Fabregas should accept the two-year deal on the table from Monaco.
''In my opinion, Cesc Fabregas needs to go
''You know very well the situation. You know very well in this club there is a rule which is the renewal of players over 30 is usually one year.
''He has an offer for two years. I don't want a very important player as Cesc unhappy,'' Sarri explained according to the report by Sky Sports.
Chelsea are now planning to sign 21-year-old Italian football star Nicolo Barella as replacement for Cesc Fabregas.
Earlier, Legit.ng had reported how Premier League giants Chelsea completed the signing of 20-year-old American football star Christian Pulisic from Borussia Dortmund for £58 million.
But the winger who had been linked to Liverpool will be loaned back to the Bundesliga side until the end of the ongoing League season in Europe.
Chelsea have beaten a number of Premier League clubs to the signing and the winger will join Maurizio Sarri's men in the summer.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have updated to serve you better
Man United legend Rio Ferdinand reveals his love for Nigerian Jollof rice | Legit TV