- Cristiano Ronaldo has slammed supporters who allegedly racially abused Napoli star Kalidou Koulibaly during his side’s Serie A cracker with Inter Milan
- An Inter Milan fan was also reportedly killed before the encounter at San Siro
- Italian FA boss Gabriele Gravina is threatening to suspend actions in Serie A after ugly scenes marred Inter Milan and Napoli clash on Boxing Day
Juventus star Cristiano Ronaldo has lashed out at Inter Milan fans for allegedly racially abused Napoli centre-back Kalidou Koulibaly during his side’s Serie A showdown with Inter Milan at the San Siro on Boxing Day.
The Portuguese star Ronaldo took to his official Instagram account on Thursday to rally support for the Senegal international after his sending off during Napoli’s 1-0 defeat to Inter Milan.
The five-time world best player Ronaldo hammered on the importance of ‘education and respect’ in society to ensure further occurrence of such incident.
“In the world and in football I always want education and respect,” Ronaldo pleaded.
“No to racism and any offense and discrimination !!!”
PAY ATTENTION: NAIJ.com upgrades to Legit.ng
Interestingly, during the encounter Napoli manager Carlo Ancelotti appealed to match officials to suspend the game, but his plea flee on deaf ears despite ‘monkey chants’ targeted at Koulibaly.
The hard-tackling centre-back was sent off after two cautions offences for a rough challenge and then mocking applauded the referee.
“There was a strange atmosphere, as we asked three times for play to be suspended, they had announcements with the speaker three times,’ said Ancelotti.
“Koulibaly was certainly irritable. Usually, he is very calm and professional, but he was subjected to monkey noises throughout the game.
“We asked three times for some action to be taken, but the match continued. We keep being told play can be halted, but when? After four or five announcements?
“Maybe we have to take matters into our own hands next time and stop play ourselves. They’ll probably make us lose the game if we walk off, but we are prepared to do it. It’s not good for Italian football, seeing this,” added the former Chelsea and Real Madrid manager.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously had reported that the death of an Inter Milan fan may force Italian FA boss to suspend action in the Italian topflight indefinitely after the ugly scenes during Inter Milan's Serie A clash with Napoli on Boxing Day.
According to a UK Sun report, Italian FA's president Gabriele Gravina is now considering desperate to end a re occurrence, and could likely call-off all games in the Italian topflight top-flight football.
The report further revealed that the Inter Milan fan identified as 35-year-old Daniele Belardinelli, Inter ultra from Varese.was reportedly hit by a vehicle belonging to Napoli supporters, died as a result of injuries outside the stadium.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have updated to serve you better.
Ferdinand reveals admiration for Okocha, why he quit boxing and Man U problems | Legit TV