Legit.ng poll: Between Buhari and Atiku, Nigerians online reveal their presidential candidate

Legit.ng poll: Between Buhari and Atiku, Nigerians online reveal their presidential candidate

With a few days to the much anticipated 2019 general elections, there have been reactions and counter reactions from Nigerians as regards the chances of notable party players eyeing different political offices across the country.

But of significant concern to the teeming legion of Nigerians on the social media platforms is who will win the 2019 presidential election, which many believe lies between the All Progressives Congress (APC)'s President Muhammadu Buhari and the presidential candidate of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar.

With people dancing their thoughts into the beckoning hours of the 2019 elections, Legit.ng conducted an online poll, seeking Nigerians' opinion on who they will vote for between the two notable political gladiators, President Buhari and former vice president Atiku.

READ ALSO: NAIJ.com upgrades to Legit.ng: a letter from our Editor-in-Chief Bayo Olupohunda

The poll, which started on its Twitter and Facebook pages on December 17, 2018, gave the participants the opportunity of giving a clue to what possibly may be outcome of 2019 election.

In the online poll, which saw 1,652 people vote on Twitter, PDP's presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, defeated the incumbent president, APC's Muhammadu Buhari.

Atiku won with 51%, leaving Buhari behind with a close margin of 49%.

See the poll:

On Twitter, these are the some of the reactions that trailed the poll.

And of course, this:

In a similar reaction on Facebook, more than 24,000 Nigerians voted. As the result of the poll indicated, Atiku Abubakar won with 52%, defeating his counterpart, President Buhari, who got 48% share of the poll result.

Below are some of the reactions generated by the process:

And of course:

PAY ATTENTION: Download our mobile app to enjoy the latest news update

Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that with about 81 days to the 2019 general elections and the emergence of various candidates after the conclusion of the primaries by all registered political parties, there had been a series of allegations and counter-allegations involving major candidates.

The most notable was the unending political battle between the supporters of President Muhammadu Buhari, the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and that of the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Atiku Abubakar.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng upgrades to serve you better

Atiku versus Buhari: Who will win? - on Legit TV

Source: Legit Newspaper

Mailfire view pixel