Luka Milivojevic’s penalty helps Crystal Palace beat Man City 3-2 at Etihad

Luka Milivojevic’s penalty helps Crystal Palace beat Man City 3-2 at Etihad

- Ilkay Gundogan handed Manchester City the lead after 27 minute

- Jeffrey Schlupp equalised for Crystal Palace before Andros Townsend and Luka Milivojevic increased Eagles advantage

- Kevin De Bruyne pulled a goal back on the 85th but it was not enough as City suffered their first home defeat of the campaign

Manchester City threw away a one-goal lead to suffer a 3-2 defeat to Crystal Palace on Saturday, December 22, at the Etihad leaving the Citizens four points adrift of Premier League leaders Liverpool at Christmas.

Going into the game, the Pep Gaurdiola side had not dropped a single point in their previous nine home fixtures this campaign, but Palace sent all the records crashing after 90 minutes

READ ALSO: Anthony Joshua pays surprise visit to boxing fans ahead of Christmas

Jeffrey Schlupp cancelled out City opener from Ilkay Gundogan while Andros Townsend handed the Eagles an advantage with a stunning long-range volley after the home side failed to stop the rampaging Eagles.

Luka Milivojevic netted from the spot to increase Palace advantage going into the closing moment

PAY ATTENTION: upgrades to

Man City substitute Kevin De Bruyne after scoring five minutes from the end, almost brought them back from the dead but he could not do it alone.

There was one big chance for Man City to rescue at least salvage a point, but Gabriel Jesus could not connect with his header despite De Bruyne's excellent play

The Eagles held on to end the game at 3-2 for a famous win at Manchester City backyard.

A performance that saw the Guardiola side suffer their second defeat in three league matches.

PAY ATTENTION: Become a member of the leading sports Facebook group 'Naija Football Fan Zone'

Meanwhile, previously had reported that Premier League champions Manchester City have qualified for the semifinal of the 2018/19 EFL Cup after beating bitter rivals Leicester City on Tuesday night, December 18.

Pep Guardiola's men had to win 3-1 on penalties after the regulation time ended 1-1 at the King Power Stadium. Manchester City scored the first goal in the 14th minute through Belgian football star Kevin De Bruyne who was assisted by Nicolas Otamendi. ( -> We have updated to serve you better.

Ferdinand reveals admiration for Okocha, why he quit boxing and Man U problems | Legit TV

Source: News

Mailfire view pixel