Every betting lover has most definitely heard of the most famous betting website in Nigeria – Bet9ja. In this article, you will have Bet9ja bet codes and meaning explained, so you will never get confused again during betting on Bet9ja!
Bet9ja betting codes and their meaning
First of all, what is a Bet9ja code? These are simply the symbols, which are commonly used on Bet9ja prediction site for simplicity of representing various betting odds and the categories of predictions. Before you start your Bet9ja prediction, you should learn all these codes and understand them, so you will never have an awkward situation of placing completely wrong bets and lose your money.
Let this article be your guide and helper in Bet9ja prediction codes!
Betting on the home team/away team/draw
- 1 – Choosing this code means that you want to place a bet on the home team, which means the team that is listed first. For example, if you are placing a bet on the game “Barcelona – Real Madrid”, it means that Barcelona is a home team, and if you bet on 1, you will bet on this team to win.
- 2 – If you choose this code, it means that your bet is going to be placed on the away team, as opposed to the previous code. This team is listed second. Again, according to our former example, in the game “Barcelona – Real Madrid” the away team is Real Madrid, so if you want to bet on their victory, choose 2.
- X – This selection means that you are betting on the draw between two teams.
- 1XDC – This term is also connected to the ones we listed above. When you choose 1XDC, you bet on either the victory of a home team or a draw. This means that no matter if the home team wins (1) or draws (X), you will win your bet. You will only lose in case the away team wins (2). This code is also known as Double Chance (which DC stands for). You have probably seen this code on other websites, written as just 1X. However, Bet9ja uses the 1XDC term.
- X2DC – Based on the previous code, you have probably already guessed what this means. X2DC is chosen when you think that the away team wins (2) or the teams will draw (X). In both cases, you will win, and the home team winning will result in the loss. This code, like the previous one, is also called Double Chance – this time for the away team.
- 12DC – This is a term similar to 1XDC and X2DC. It means that you place your bet on the victory of a home team or an away team, without the possibility of the draw. This means that if either of the teams wins the game, you will win money, but if the game ends up in a draw, you will lose. This is another code from the Double Chance group, for both teams. If you see this code on other prediction websites, it will probably be written as 12.
Before playing this group of predictions, you have to make sure that you know which team is home and which is away, so you will not bet on the wrong team accidentally. Usually, when you bet on the stronger team, you have a bigger chance of winning, but will get less money if you win. Those who bet on a weaker team have a smaller chance of winning, but if the team succeeds, their win can be very large.
- OV0.5 (OVER 0.5) – This selection means that you bet on at least one goal being scored in the game. You win the bet if at least one team scores a goal, no matter which one is it. If the match ends 0:0, you lose the bet.
- OV1.5 (OVER 1.5) – If you make a decision to play this code, you will place a bet that both of the teams' score at least two goals combined during the match. It does not matter which one of the teams' scores – all that matters is that both teams need to score two goals or more combined. The acceptable scores for you will be: 1:1, 2:0, 0:2, etc. The scores 1:0, 0:1 and 0:0 mean that you lose.
- OV2.5 (OVER 2.5) – In case you have chosen this bet, your result will have to be more than two goals, scored by each one of the teams in full-time. This means that they will have to score at least three goals. The acceptable scores are: 2:1, 1:2, 2:2, etc. Anything less than three goals combined will result in your loss.
- OV3.5 (OVER 3.5) – If you pick this code, it means that the teams need to score more than three goals combined. So, the minimal number of goals that the teams will have to score is four. The possible scores of the game can be: 2:2, 3:1, 1:3, 4:0, 0:4, or any that have four goals and more. If there are less than four goals in the game, then you will lose your bet.
- UN0.5 (UNDER 0.5) – This code on the match means that you are predicting that the game ends with no goals at all. Basically, if you play this code on any game, it will have to end with the score 0:0 for you to win. If any team scores a goal, you lose.
- UN1.5 (UNDER 1.5) – If you play this code, you predict less than two goals in the game, which suggests that there has to be no more than one goal. The only acceptable scores for you are 0:0, 1:0, and 0:1. If the amount of goals is more than one, then you lose.
- UN2.5 (UNDER 2.5) – Meaning that if you place a bet like this on any match, you bet that there will be less than three goals in the match. So, there has to be a maximum of two goals combined between two teams, and if the teams score more than two, then you lose your bet.
- UN3.5 (UNDER 3.5) – Similarly to the previous bets, this one foresees that there has to be less than four goals in one game. This means three goals or less by both of the teams. If any of the teams scores the total fourth goal, then your bet is lost.
First half and second half codes
- XHT – This is a code which means that you are about to place your bet that the first half of the match ends up in a draw. The winning outcome for you has to be a draw between the teams after the first half-time. This means that even if one of the teams wins at the end of the game, the first half needs to end in a draw for you to win.
- 1HT – This bet means that you need a home team to win the first half of the match. For example, the score after the first half is 1:0. In this case, even if the full-time score by the end of the game is 1:2, you still win, because the home team won the first half, and it does not matter if they lost the full game.
- 2HT – This is an opposite bet to the previous one. You bet on the away team to win the first half. So, if the first half ends in the victory of the away team, it does not matter which is the final score – you still met the criteria for winning your bet.
- XST – This is the code which represents a draw according to the second half of the game. You will need the teams to draw between each other in the second half, and what happened in the first half is not taken into the account.
- 1ST – When you use this code, it means that the bet is placed on the home team winning the second half of the game. So, even if the home team lost 0:3 in the first half, but won the second half 1:0, resulting in the general score 1:3, you win your bet.
- 2ST – It works the same way, but for the away team. For you to win this bet, the away team has to win the second half of the game.
READ ALSO: How to check winning ticket on bet9ja
- GG – This is a code which you use when you want to predict both teams scoring in a game against each other. This code is also sometimes known as BTS. To meet the criteria of this bet, each of the teams has to score at least one goal. You lose if at least one of them still has zero goals in full-time.
- NG – This is an opposite code to GG, which suggests that the teams will not score against each other. This means that one of the teams can score, but the other will stand at zero goals. You will lose your bet if both teams score goals.
- 1H (Handicap 1:0): This is the code which means the home team is given an advantage of a goal ahead of the match. For instance, the home team can be leading 1:0 before the game. This happens in rare cases, but sometimes it can occur.
- 2H (Handicap 0:1): This is the same thing, but with the away team. So, it means that before the game starts, the away team will have an advantage of a goal, and will be leading 0:1 ahead of the game.
- HS – This code is used when you make a prediction about the home team scoring at least one goal in the full-time game. Obviously, if the home team scores zero goals, you lose your bet.
- HNS – This is the code used for predicting that the home team scores no goals. On the contrary to the previous bet, you lose when this team scores at least one goal.
- AS – Similar to HS, but with the away team. So, if you want to predict that the away team will score at least a single goal in this game, you use this code. You lose if it does not score any goals.
- ANS – As opposed to AS, this code predicts that the away team will not score goals in this game. You lose your money if the team scores a goal.
- 1GG – If you want to place this bet, you must be sure of a few things at once: first, that the home team wins the match, and second – that both home and away teams will score at least one goal.
- 2GG – According to this bet, the away team has to win the match, and both teams have to score.
- OV1.5 HT – This is a code which means that at least two goals will be scored by either of the teams before the end of the first half. If they score less than two goals in the first half, you will lose.
- UN1.5 HT – As the previous code had a meaning “over two goals”, this one has a meaning “under two goals”. So, you lose your money if the teams score more than two goals throughout the first half.
- OV2.5 HT – This prediction suggests that before the end of the first half, the teams will score at least three goals. If they do not fulfill this condition and there are less than three goals, you lose.
- UN2.5 HT – As opposed to the above code, this one foresees the teams scoring less than three goals before the half-time break. So, if they score more than three goals, you will not win your money.
- OV ST 1.5 – This is a code for the prediction of at least two goals (or more) being scored in the second half of the match. You will lose if there are less than two goals scored specifically in the second half.
- UN ST 1.5 – If the teams score less than two goals in the second half of the match, you will win this bet. On the other hand, if they score two or more goals, you lose.
The number of goals
- 1-2 GOALS – If you pick this code, you will bet on at least one goal scored during the game, and by the end of the game, there will be two goals at most. Basically, your bet is for one or two goals, no more or less. Any other numbers will result in you losing.
- 1-3 GOALS – Exactly the same as the previous one, only this time the number of goals that you will need to win is expanded. You will need one, two, or three goals to win. There are very different variations of this bet, for instance, 1-4 GOALS, 2-3 GOALS, 3-4 GOALS, and so on. Of course, you can win different amounts of money from each one of them.
- HALF TIME MORE GOALS – Here you have a bet which is based on the number of goals scored in every half of the game. It means that you bet on more goals being scored during the first half of the game, than the second one.
- NO HALF TIME GOALS – Meaning that there will be no goals at all scored in the first half. No matter how the match will end, you win if the teams go on half-time break with a 0:0 score.
- SECOND HALF MORE GOALS – Similarly, this bet foresees more goals in the second half, than the first. You will have to pay close attention to the number of goals in both halves of the game.
- HOME OV 1.5 – Playing this bet will mean betting the money on the home team, which has to score at least two goals before the final whistle. No matter if the home team wins or loses, they have to score two goals or more for you to win.
- HOME UN 1.5 – Unlike the previous one, you bet on the home team scoring less than two goals. So, they have to score from zero to one goal. Once they score two, you lose your bet.
- AWAY OV 1.5 – This is a bet just like HOME OV 1.5, but this time on the away team. You should play this bet if you are sure that the away team will score two goals or more in this match, regardless of the final outcome.
- AWAY UN 1.5 – Here we have the same bet as HOME UN 1.5 on the away team. You should play it if you are certain that they will score less than two goals.
- HOME OV 0.5 – When this code is played, it means that you are betting on the home team to score one goal at least before the game ends. So, if in the full-time the home team scores one or more goals, you win. If they fail to score any goals at all, you lose.
- HOME UN 0.5 – The opposite bet to the previous one, it foresees that the home team will score less than one goal. Speaking more simply, you bet that the team will not score any goals at all. If they score, after all, the bet is lost.
- AWAY OV 0.5 – Just like HOME OV 0.5, but this time with the away team. If you think that the away team has the potential to score one or more goals, you can safely go with this bet.
- AWAY UN 0.5 – This is a bet like HOME UN 0.5 with the away team. If you consider the away team being unable to score a single goal throughout the entire game, then this is your bet.
Half-time/second-time result bets
- HT/ST/1/1 – Playing this code means betting on the home team to become a winner of both game halves. To win this bet, you have to meet the following criteria: the home team is leading before the half-time whistle, and they also win the second half. For instance, they can win the first half 1-0, and then win the second half 2-1, making the overall score 3-1. If the home team loses at least one half of the game, you lose the bet, even if this team is a winner of the game.
- HT/ST/1/X – This is a bet which predicts that the home team will win the first half, but in the second half the teams will be drawn. This bet belongs to a very specific group of bets, so you have to be completely certain in your choice. Both of the game halves are viewed as separate matches, regardless of the final result, and you have to pay close attention to how they end.
- HT/ST/1/2 – This variation of the above code will predict that the home team will take a lead in the first half of the game, and the away team in the second. So, if you think that the home team usually takes the early lead, and the away team is more likely to fulfill their potential in the second half of the game, you can bet on this outcome.
- HT/ST/X/1 – This code will mean that the first half will end with the draw between two teams, and in the second half, the home team will be the leader. These are the only requirements that the teams will need to meet for you to win the game. The number of goals will not impact anything, as long as the first half ends in a draw and in the second half the home team wins.
- HT/ST/X/X – This is a code which you can choose if you are sure that every half of the game will have the draw result. Obviously, the game will also end with a draw, but be careful: there can be different types of draw. If the first half is won by the home team 1:0, and in the second half the away team won 0:1, leading to the 1:1 draw, you will lose this bet. This code will only work for you if both halves end up with the equal number of goals between the teams, for example, 0:0 in the first half and 1:1 in the second.
- HT/ST/X/2 – This code means that the first half will end in a draw between the teams, and the away team will take victory in the second half. This bet, like all the bets of this group, is risky, but when people guess them correctly, they usually win a comfortable amount of money.
- HT/ST/2/1 – Playing this code means predicting that the first half will be won by the away game, and in the second half, the home team will take over the victory. It does not matter if the game will be won by the home or away team. It just means that they both win their respective halves – away team wins the first half, and the home team the second.
- HT/ST/2/X – If you decide to play this code, you place the bet on the victory of the away team in the first half, and the draw in the second half. These requirements need to be met for you to collect money from this bet.
- HT/ST/2/2 – Finally, this is a bet which predicts the victory of the away team in both first and second halves of the game. For instance, you will win when the result of the first half is 0-2, and the second half ends in 1-3, making the final score 1-5. If the away team draws or loses in any of the halves, you lose the bet.
READ ALSO: Bet9ja bonus codes in 2018
- ODD – This is a prediction of the final number of goals. For this prediction to come true, the ending number of goals scored in this game has to be odd. The odd numbers are 1, 3, 5, 7, and so on. An example given, the game has ended 2-1, so the sum of all the goals scored by both teams is 3, and you win. However, if the ending score is 2-2, and the sum of all the goals is 4, this is an even number, and you will lose.
- EVEN – The exact opposite bet for ODD. To succeed, you will have to guess the sum of goals so it ends up being the even number. The even numbers are 0, 2, 4, 6, and so on. So, as taken from our previous example, in this case, 2-2 will be a good score for you, as the sum is 4. On the other hand, your requirements will not be fulfilled with the score 2-1, because the sum is 3, and it is the odd number. Usually, these types of bets depend on pure luck.
- ODD HT – This is a variation of the ODD code, with the difference being that the teams will have to score the odd number of goals in half-time. Any goals that they score in the second time will not count.
- EVEN HT – Similarly to the above code, the teams will have to score the even sum of goals before the half-time whistle. It does not matter how many goals they score in the second half.
- ODD ST – As opposed to the ODD HT code, now only the second half of the game counts. So, you should forget how many goals both teams have scored in the first half – in the second half they have to score the odd number of goals.
- EVEN ST – If you play this code, you must be certain that the teams, on the contrary to EVEN HT code, will score their even number of goals in the second half. It will not be relevant how much they scored in the first half.
READ ALSO: Bet9ja withdrawal rules you should know
- GG HT – This will foresee both teams scoring against each other in the first half of the football game.
- NG HT – According to this code, the teams will not score any goals in the first half. In the second half, they can score as many goals as they want – the focus is on the first one.
- GG ST – This code has the opposite meaning to GG HT. If you decide to play it, you will place a bet on both teams scoring the goals in the second half. Only the second half is counted, and if they score no goals during this time, you will lose.
- NG ST – This is the opposite bet to NG HT, which means that you are betting on the teams not scoring any goals in the second half of the game, and it is not taken into account how much they score in the first half.
- 1 OR GG – You are betting on the home team to win the entire game, or both teams scoring. This is a bet with a double chance because either of these events will let you win. You will win your money even if one of the conditions does not happen – for example, the home team loses, but both teams still score. Or only one team scores, but the home team wins. In order to lose this bet, neither of these conditions should happen.
- 1 OR NG – This bet is for the home team winning or both teams not scoring. This is another double chance bet, where one or both of these requirements need to happen for you to win.
- 2 OR GG – This is a bet which you place on the away team winning or both teams scoring. Basically, it is just like 1 OR GG, but with the away team victory condition.
- X OR GG – Playing this code will mean that the teams will draw against each other or score goals. To lose, the result of the game has to be other than a draw, and the teams score no goals.
- X AND NG – Another one of the double chance codes means that the match has to end in a draw, or that both teams will not score.
- X AND GG – If you make a decision to play this code, you will predict the match ending in a draw, and both teams scoring goals.
- X AND NG – this code means that the game will end in a goalless draw.
- 1XHT – When the player decides to bet on this code, the criteria for winning are either the home team winning the first half of the game, or the first half ending in a draw.
- 12HT – This code means that the player is betting on the home team or away team winning the first half of the game. You will lose if the teams draw before the half-time whistle.
- X2HT – Playing this code means betting on the victory of the away team or the draw in the first half. Either of these events will need to happen for you to win.
- 1XST – This code means placing the bet on the victory of the home team in the second half or a draw. So, you will only lose if the second half ends with the victory of the away team.
- 12ST – This is a prediction that the home team or away team wins the second half. It will not work if the second half (remember, only the second half, not the whole game, so the first half does not count) ends with the draw.
- X2ST – this code will means betting on the away team’s victory in the second half, or the draw. You will not win if the home team wins the second half.
- 12 AND GG – Which means that your bet is placed on the victory of any team, and both teams scoring against each other.
- 1X AND GG – This is a bet which suggests that the home team wins or draws, and both teams will score goals against each other.
- 1X AND NG – You will need the home team to win or draw this game, but the winning team will be the only one that scores. The acceptable scores for you will be 1-0, 2-0, etc. If the away team scores, you lose.
- X2 AND GG – This is a code meaning that you bet on the away team winning or drawing, and both teams will score. Basically, this is the equivalent of 1X AND GG with the away team.
- X2 AND NG – This is the same as 1X AND NG, but with the away team. For you to win money, the away team needs to win without the home team scoring (0-1, 0-2, etc.).
READ ALSO: Bet9ja match codes and odds
These are the most common codes on Bet9ja and their meaning! We believe that with our article, you will easily navigate on Nigeria’s biggest betting website.
READ ALSO: Bet9ja signs and meaning