Those involved in Khashoggi's death must be held accountable - US tells Saudi

Those involved in Khashoggi's death must be held accountable - US tells Saudi

- The United States has made calls to the Riyadh promising to make the killers of Jamal Khashoggi pay for their action

- US secretary of state, Mike Pompeo, made the call after the pre-killing audio of Khashoggi emerged

- The veteran journalist was reported to have been killed and disposed using acid substances

The United States has promised to make those involved in the gruesome killing of US-based Saudi journalist, Jamal Khashoggi, pay for their act, Daily Mail UK reports.

The US secretary of state, Mike Pompeo, made this threat during a phone conversation with the Saudi crown prince, Prince Mohammed bin Salman, on Sunday, November 11.

Legit.ng gathers that the threat was expedient after the pre-killing audio statement of the slain veteran journalist and critic of the Riyadh was revealed, detailing how he was begging his killers moments before he was murdered.

Earlier, President Tayyib of Turkey had revealed that the audio evidence has been sent to states interested in the case across the world.

He said: "We gave the tapes. We gave them to Saudi Arabia, to the United States, German, French and British, all of them,'

"They have listened to all the conversation in them. They know."

READ ALSO: Imo APC governorship candidate Uzodinma arrested

The spokeswoman, Heather Nauert, while confirming the calls between US and Saudi, said: "Michael R. Pompeo spoke today with Saudi crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.

'The secretary emphasized that the United States will hold all of those involved in the killing of Jamal Khashoggi accountable, and that Saudi Arabia must do the same.'

According to the report as available in Daily Mail, Khashoggi was heard pleading to his murderers, a killer gang consisting 15 men who placed a big plastic bag on the floor before killing the Washington Post journalist.

Khashoggi had pleaded: "I'm suffocating … Take this bag off my head, I'm claustrophobic."

The report also claimed that traces of acid substance where the remains of the journalist was disposed was discovered at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul

The head of Saudi Scientific Council of Forensics (SSCF), Salah al-Tubaigy was reported to have led the killing process.

PAY ATTENTION: Download our mobile app to enjoy the latest news update

Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that Saudi Arabia's foreign minister, Adel al Jubeir, said the 18 suspects in the murder of journalist Jamal Kashoggi would be prosecuted in Saudi Arabia.

Jubeir stated this on Saturday, October 27, in response to a call by Turkey for the extradition of the suspects.

PAY ATTENTION: NAIJ.com (naija.ng) upgrades to Legit.ng to serve it readers better

Which country would you leave Nigeria for? on Legit.ng TV

Source: Legit

Mailfire view pixel