Nigerian news All categories All tags
Barcelona boss Valverde says Messi will decide if he will face Betis

Barcelona boss Valverde says Messi will decide if he will face Betis

- Lionel Messi has been included in Barcelona's squad for Real Betis clash at the Camp Nou on Sunday

- The Argentine playmaker returned to training this week after he was ruled out for three weeks with a fractured arm

- Brazil star Philippe Coutinho will not be involved in the game after suffering a hamstring strain

Lionel Messi is set to return to action for Barcelona in Sunday's La Liga match against Real Betis after recovering from his fractured arm.

According to a Daily Mail report, Messi, who returned to Barcelona training after three weeks absence has been listed in Ernesto Valverde's 19-man squad for the league clash at Camp Nou.

In addition, the pair of Samuel Umtiti and Marc-Andre Ter Stegen, who also recovered from various injuries also made the matchday squad along with Messi.

READ ALSO: Man City star Aguero shows off new look ahead of Manchester derby

“Everyone who is selected is in good shape,” Valverde said.

“The return of Umtiti and Messi isn't a risk.

“It is true that we are looking after Marc, but he's available for the game against Betis.

READ ALSO: NAIJ.com upgrades to Legit.ng

“We will see tomorrow if Messi is ready to play for 90 minutes or not, but he's lost the fear from his fall already,” the Barcelona manager stressed.

However, Selecao star, Philippe Coutinho will not be involved after suffering a hamstring strain.

The La Liga defending champions are three points clear at the top of the log after wins in their last three league fixtures.

Barcelona’s visitor’s Real Betis are yet to win a game in their last four in the league and are placed 14th on the log.

PAY ATTENTION: Become a member of the leading sports Facebook group 'Naija Football Fan Zone'

Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously had reported that Barca may axe Frenchman Ousmane Dembele from Sunday's match against Betis after missing training on Thursday without informing anymore at the club.

According to The Mirror report citing Spanish news outlet Mundo Deportivo, who claim Dembele could not be reached on his mobile for an hour and half and his absence caused panic among staff of the Spanish outfit.

The report has now revealed the 21-year-old summer World Cup winner, who missed Thursday’s training session was suffering from (gastroenteritis) a viral infection which causes vomiting and diarrhoea, which the club don't dispute.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better

Football Transfers That Shocked The World | Legit.ng TV

Source: Legit.ng

Mailfire view pixel