- Maurizio Sarri's hopes of landing England international Callum Wilson has been dashed
- The Italian tactician wants to sign Bournemouth star Callum Wilson in January
- Eddie Howe has however ruled out the move saying his star stay with him at the club
Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe has insisted that his top striker Callum Wilson will not be leaving the club in January.
The 26-year-old has been in superb form in the Premier League this season - scoring six goals and creating four assists in 11 matches.
His performance however attracted him to top EPL managers with Maurizio Sarri hoping to sign the £35 million star as Alvaro Morata's replacement.
The Cherries manager says he will not be entertaining any interest for the who recently got called up into the English national team according to SunSport.
Howe told the Daily Echo: "From my position, sitting here as the manager, I’m looking to build a team.
"I still feel we are a relatively new team with this group of players and the signings we made in the summer.
READ ALSO: NAIJ.com upgrades to Legit.ng
"I’m really pleased with how the squad is set up and the structure of it and I don’t want to break that."
The publication also report that the Blues manager Sarri wants to bolster his attack when the transfer window opens.
And the Italian, despite turning the fortunes of Morata around still want another forward to add competition.
Chelsea's aim of landing Inter Milan star Mauro Icardi has been paralysed as the Argentine has been valued at £90 million, while they also consider to sign Genoa’s Krzysztof Piatek.
But Wilson represents a striker who can fit straight away into a Premier League team according to the club chiefs.
The 26-year-old helped his club gain promotion to the top flight and has been solid for them since then.
He bagged his 50th goal for Bournemouth in the 2-1 defeat to Manchester United last weekend.
England boss Gareth Southgate saw Wilson show a strong mentality to battle back and wanted to be reunited with a player he worked with at Under-21 level.
He could make his debut against USA on Thursday, with the Three Lions then facing Croatia in a Uefa Nations League Clash.
Legit.ng earlier reported that Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri wants to sign Bournemouth striker Callum Wilson in January.
The Blues boss is desperately looking to add depth to his side's attack in a bid to increase their chances of winning titles this season.
Sarri replaced Antonio Conte at the Stamford Bridge this summer after parting ways with Italian league side Napoli.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better
Who is the better coach, Mourinho or Conte? - on Legit.ng TV