- Woman who plotted the murder of husband's secret lover after finding intimate text messages has been arrested
- She revealed that she decided to contact the woman and set her up with another man who acted as her boyfriend
- The man lured her to a lodging in River Road and strangled her to death after she got drunk
- She later separated with her husband who was among suspects who were arrested after secret incident
- The woman said she bribed lodging attendants to switch off CCTV cameras to conceal evidence
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations boss George Kinoti said the woman identified as Linda Urandu was arrested in Kasarani estate
Police in Nairobi have arrested a woman who recently called a local radio station confessing to killing her former husband's secret lover.
The anonymous woman called in during a popular breakfast show in October 2018, and confessed to have committed the offence 6 years ago as a way of geting revenge on the woman for breaking a home she had given her all to build.
Director of Criminal Investigations (DCI) boss George Kinoti told Citizen TV the woman identified as Linda Namukuchu Urandu was arrested in Kasarani estate in Nairobi on Thursday, November 8.
In the chilling audio recording from Radio Jambo which circulated across social media, the woman is heard narrating how she used another man to lure the deceased who used to live in Mombasa to a Nairobi lodging where she strangled her to death.
"I noticed there was woman who my husband had started seeing though he denied it every time. She could boldly call him late at night making my man to forget about me. I secretly took her phone number and when I called she insulted me," the woman narrated.
She explained that she hired a man to seduce the woman by lying to her he was interested to be her boyfriend.
"The woman who proved to be a home wrecker gave in to the hired man's advances. I financed the man to host her on a date at a joint where I went and secretly identified her. I paid for a second date and directed the fake boyfriend to make sure she was drunk and booked her in a River Road lodging," she narrated.
PAY ATTENTION: Read best news on Nigeria's #1 news app
Urandu narrated that she paid the man for getting the woman into the lodging, bribed the attendants to switch off CCTV cameras and went ahead to strangle the helpless woman in the booked room before disappearing and moving from Nairobi.
The woman said she left her husband who was arrested over the killing since his phone contact was among those regularly contacted by the deceased.
The police said Urandu's former husband Benson Muthine and his current wife Margaret Tata were arrested and detained at Central Police station.
Kinoti said: "She will be in custody for 10 days for further questioning over her claims. Meanwhile, we appeal to any family that may have lost a female relative in a manner corresponding to the suspect's narration to report to Central Police station."
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better
See the faces of newly arrested criminals in Lagos State - on Legit TV