Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna on Friday, November 2, announced Hadiza Balarabe as his running mate for the 2019 gubernatorial election in the state.
The governor explained that picking Hadiza as his running mate was in keeping with his policy of promoting women.
Apart from knowing Hadiza is a woman and has been picked as Kaduna state’s deputy governorship candidate in the forthcoming 2019 elections, many do not know much about her.
READ ALSO: No discrepancy in Buhari’s ‘Attestation of Result’ - WAEC clarifies
In this piece, Legit.ng highlights 6 key facts you should know about Dr Hadiza, as she is popularly called.
1. Hadiza Balarabe was born in 1966 and hails from Gwantu
2. She is a Numana by tribe, from Sanga local government which is located in the southern Kaduna senatorial district
3. She studied Medicine at the University of Maiduguri and graduated in 1988
4. Dr Haduza had worked as a Senior Registrar at the Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital before joining the services of the FCT in 2004.
5. In 2014, she joined the services of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) where she served as Director of Public Health
6. She is the current executive secretary of the Kaduna State Primary Health Care Development Agency, a position she has held since February 2016.
PAY ATTENTION: Install our app for android, read best news on Nigeria's #1 news app
Meanwhile, Legit.ng has reported that a total of 2447 All Progressives Congress (APC) delegates on Sunday, September 30, endorsed the candidature of El-Rufai to contest the 2019 governorship election in the state.
The committee chairman for the APC gubernatorial primary in the state, Matthew Iduoriyekemwen said while announcing the results.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have updated to serve you better
Nigeria Latest News: Buhari vs Atiku - 2019 Elections | Legit TV