- Governor Ayo Fayose of Ekiti says he is ready to meet the investigative team of the EFCC
- The governor who is insisting that he has a clear conscience, told the commission to expect him in its office on October 16
- The EFCC has reportedly set up a special team to grill the governor for allegedly receiving over N1.2 billion from a former NSA, Col Sambo Dasuki
Ayodele Fayose, the outgoing governor of Ekiti state, says he is ready to face the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)’s investigative team.
He made the comment during the inauguration of a new school he built in his Afao-Ekiti home country as part of his legacy projects in the state, on Wednesday, October 10, Punch reports.
Legit.ng gathers that the governor told the commission to expect him in its office on October 16, insisting that he had a clear conscience.
He said: “He who has clear conscience fears no foe. The EFCC should still expect me at 1pm next Tuesday.”
The anti-graft agency has reportedly set up a special team to grill the governor for allegedly receiving over N1.2 billion from a former national security adviser, Col Sambo Dasuki (retd.) through a former minister of state for defence, Senator Musiliu Obanikoro.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti state has demanded N20 billion as damages from the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), a written apology to be published to all security agencies in Nigeria, three national newspapers and the social media as well as withdrawal of the request/directive to security agencies to place him on security watch list.
Fayose threatened that unless his demands are met, he would not hesitate to institute legal action against the anti-graft agency.
Governor Fayose warns youths ahead of 2019 - on Legit.ng TV: