The leadership of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has released the list of 24 cleared candidates for the 2019 governorship elections.
National publicity secretary of the party, Yekini Nabena, who released the list in a statement said it was a result of the meeting of the National Working Committee (NWC) held on Thursday, October 4, Premium Times reports.
“Following the governorship primaries of the All Progressives Congress (APC) held across the country, the Party’s National Working Committee (NWC) at its meeting held on Thursday, 4th October, 2018 ratified the reports of the various Electoral Committees and adopts the under-listed as governorship candidates of the APC for the forthcoming 2019 general elections,” Nabena said.
Here is the list:
1. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje – Kano state
2. Mohammed Abubakar – Bauchi state
3. Simon Lalong – Plateau state
4. Nasir El-Rufai – Kaduna state
5. Mohammed Badaru Abubakar – Jigawa state
6. Ahmed Aliyu – Sokoto State
7. Abubakar Atiku Bagudu – Kebbi state
8. Aminu Bello Masari – Katsina state
9. Abubakar Sani Bello – Niger state
10. Babagana Umara-Zulum – Borno state
11. Mai Mala Buni – Yobe state
12. Abubakar A. Sule – Nasarawa state
13. Emmanuel Jimme – Benue state
14. Babajide Sanwo–Olu – Lagos state
15. Tonye Cole – Rivers state
16. Uche Ogah – Abia state
17. Nsima Ekere – Akwa-Ibom state
18. Adebayo Adelabu – Oyo state
19. Dapo Abiodun – Ogun state
20. Great Ogboru – Delta state
21. Owan Enoh – Cross-River state
22. Inuwa Yahaya – Gombe state
23. Sunny Ogboji – Ebonyi state
24. Sani Abubakar Danladi – Taraba state
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 new app
Legit.ng had reported that on Thursday, September 27, the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) said it had screened members of the party with ambitions to become governors in various states across Nigeria.
Osun Election 2018: I will surely win this election - Senator Adeleke | Legit.ng TV