Nigerian news All categories All tags
Ronaldo omitted from Portugal's next two international games

Ronaldo omitted from Portugal's next two international games

- Ronaldo will miss UEFA Nations League games against Poland and Scotland

- The Portugal skipper is facing serious allegations of assaulting a lady in US

- He has since then strongly denied the accusations labeling them fake news

Juventus forward Cristiano Ronaldo will not be part of the Portugal national team for upcoming matches against Poland and Scotland as the international break fast approaches.

Portugal coach Fernando Santos said his star player will also not be called up for the next round of international games in November.

Santos said the decision was taken after a three-way conversation between him, Ronaldo and the head of the Portuguese soccer federation.

According to Sky Sports, the national captain will miss his country's UEFA Nations League game with Poland on Wednesday, October 10 and their Scotland fixture three days later.

He already missed the first two Nations League games for Portugal with head coach Fernando Santos saying he needed more time to find his feet at Turin before resuming international duty.

Ronaldo was accused by Kathryn Mayorga of forcing himself on her in Las Vegas nine years back in 2009.

The former Manchester United star has strongly denied the allegations claiming that the people that accused him only want to use his name to promote themselves.

PAY ATTENTION: Become a member of the leading sports Facebook group 'Naija Football Fan Zone'

Earlier, Legit.ng had reported how Keylor Navas who is Real Madrid's number one goalkeeper made it clear that the Spanish giants are missing the services of Portugal international Cristiano Ronaldo.

This comes after Los Blancos' embarrassing defeat against Russian club CSKA Moscow on Tuesday night in the UEFA Champions League.

Football Transfers That Shocked The World | Legit.ng TV

Subscribe to watch new videos

Source: Legit.ng

Mailfire view pixel