- De Bruyne was expected to be out for three to four months from August
- The Belgian star has however made a remarkable recovery from a knee-ligament damage
- He is likely to be in contention for Man City's clash against Liverpool
Manchester City have been handed a major boost as midfield maestro Kevin De Bruyne made a surprise return to training sooner than expected.
The midfielder suffered knee-ligament damage back in August and it was expected to be out of action for three-four months to make a full recovery.
However, Manchester City confirmed on Monday, October 1 that the midfielder has returned to full training as the team prepares for crucial fixtures in the coming days including a crunch-match against title rivals Liverpool.
Despite training, it remains to be seen whether the 27-year old will be sufficiently fit to play again, although Guardiola, in the press conference ahead City’s victory over Brighton, suggested the Belgian was making remarkable progress.
"Kevin is making the last steps [in his recovery," Guardiola said. "He could start training in next few days, doing part of the sessions. Everything is going well." Guardiola had said on Saturday, October 29.
De Bruyne has been an integral part of Guardiola’s system in the Manchester club and was unanimously voted player of the season in City’s record breaking 2017/2018 campaign.
He was also part of the Belgium squad which finished third in the 2018 FIFA World cup - their best ever finish in the tournament.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously had reported that Kevin De Bruyne returns to Manchester City training for the first time since suffering a career-threatening knee injury.
The Sun reports that the club manager Pep Guardiola disclosed the 27-year-old Belgium international is doing well, but will not be in contention to face Fulham on Saturday.
De Bruyne suffered lateral collateral ligament injury while training with City teammates in August and was ruled out of action for about three months.
Who is the better coach, Mourinho or Conte? - on Legit.ng TV