- Juventus star Cristiano Ronaldo's lawyer is threatening to sue a German magazine Der Spiegel
- The magazine report claims the Portuguese had unlawful intercourse with an American woman
- Ronaldo was also alleged to have paid the woman £287,000 not to speak about that night again
Cristiano Ronaldo is set to drag German publication Der Spiegel to court over “blatantly illegal” claims that he had unlawful intercourse with an American woman nine years ago.
According to a UK Sun report quoting Reuters, the 34-year-old Kathryn Mayorga told Der Spiegel, in today’s publication revealed that the Portuguese star, assaulted her s3xually, back in a Las Vegas hotel in 2009.
However, the report added that the 33-year-old Ronaldo has continued to deny these claims insisting, it was a consensual activity.
In addition the Der Spiegel claimed that Ronaldo splashed out £287,000 on Mayorga to stop her from speaking out again about her allegations that fateful, but her legal team now wants to challenge the alleged agreement.
But Ronaldo’s lawyer Christian Schertz has reacted to the publication, in a release made available to Reuters on Friday night termed the Der Spiegel report “an inadmissible reporting of suspicions in the area of privacy”.
Interestingly, the Der Spiegel also disclosed that Leslie Mark Stovall, lawyer for Mayorga maintained that Ronaldo assaulted her.
In an online video published online by Der Spiegel stressed Stovall said: “Kathryn was s3xually assaulted in June 2009 by an individual named Cristiano Ronaldo.”
However, Stovall has not responded Reuters email for comment and Mayorga was equally, not reachable for her reactions.
Ronaldo's Italian club Juventus also declined to react on the Der Spiegel report.
The five-time world best player joined the Serie A champions Juventus from Real Madrid this summer for £89m.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that UEFA are reportedly investigating Italian League champions Juventus over the signing of Portugal star Cristiano Ronaldo.
The 33-year-old joined the Old Lady in a mega deal valued around £99 million from Real Madrid after spending nine seasons at the Santiago Bernabeu.
His arrival at the Allianz Arena meant Juve spent a total of £217 million during the transfer window which saw the likes of Douglas Costa and Joao Cancelo join the Turin club.
Who is the better coach, Mourinho or Conte? - on Legit.ng TV