- The ruling party has released a resolution made by all state ahead of the APC primaries
- The Adamawa state working committee has been banned from participating either as delegates or to superintendent over the governorship primaries
- According to APC, Adamawa state working committee of the party was prejudiced in favour of a particular governorship aspirant
The All Progressives Congress (APC) National Working Committee (NWC) has approved both the direct and indirect mode of primaries for its governorship election scheduled for Saturday, September 29, in the 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
This was contained in a statement issued by Yekini Nabena, the APC national publicity secretary, on Tuesday, September 25, in Abuja.
Nabena, however, said that the party’s NWC banned its Adamawa state working committee from participating either as delegates or to superintendent over the governorship primaries in the state.
He said this was because the Adamawa state working committee of the party was prejudiced in favour of a particular governorship aspirant.
Below is a list of state resolution on mode of primaries to be adopted by the APC:
1. Abia - Direct primaries
2. Adamawa - Indirect primaries
3. Akwa Ibom - Direct primaries
4. Anambra - Direct primaries
5. Bauchi - Direct primaries
6. Bayelsa - Direct primaries
7. Benue - Indirect primaries
8. Borno - Indirect primaries
9. Cross River - Direct primaries
10. Delta - Indirect primaries
11. Ebonyi - Indirect primaries
12. Enugu - Indirect primaries
13. Edo - Direct primaries
14. Ekiti - Direct primaries
15. Gombe - Indirect primaries
16. Imo - Direct primaries
17. Jigawa - Indirect primaries
18. Kaduna - Indirect primaries
19. Kano - Direct primaries
20. Katsina - Indirect primaries
21. Kebbi - Indirect primaries
22. Kogi - Indirect primaries
23. Kwara - Indirect primaries
24. Lagos - Direct primaries
25. Nasarawa - Indirect primaries
26. Niger - Direct primaries
27. Ogun - Direct primaries
28. Ondo - Direct primaries
29. Osun - Direct primaries
30. Oyo - Indirect primaries
31. Plateau - Indirect primaries
32. Rivers - indirect primaries
33. Sokoto - Indirect primaries
34. Taraba - Direct primaries
35. Yobe - Indirect primaries
36. Zamfara - Direct primaries
37. FCT - Direct primaries
PAY ATTENTION: Download our mobile app to enjoy the best news updates
Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that the APC in Niger has commenced house-to-house and town hall campaigns.
The campaigns, the party said is aimed at promoting the programmes of the party in the state.
Mohammed Imam, the chairman of the party in Niger state said that the campaign and sensitisation visits commenced from wards to districts, local governments, zonal areas and state levels.
Osun 2018: I have evidence that they added to APC’s votes - PDP Chairman | Legit.ng TV