Nigerian news All categories All tags
Troops successfully repel Boko Haram attack in Borno state

Troops successfully repel Boko Haram attack in Borno state

- Boko Haram terrorists attack was repelled by troops of sector 3 Operation Lafiya Dole

- The troop deployed at Kekeno town, Kukawa local government area of Borno, repelled the attack at about 5:47pm on Sunday

- The insurgents were said to have abandoned the town after suffering devastating casualties

Troops of sector 3 Operation Lafiya Dole deployed at Kekeno town, Kukawa local government area of Borno state on Sunday, September 23, repelled Boko Haram terrorists attack.

Legit.ng gathers that this was disclosed on Monday, September 24, by the director of Army public relations, Brigadier Texas Chukwu.

READ ALSO: Edo APC describes expulsion of House of Reps deputy chief whip as nullity

Chukwu said: "The terrorists who have suffered serious losses in terms of men and resources in recent confrontations with troops, came to extort food and other logistics items from law abiding citizens. During the encounter, troops successfully repelled the attack with superior fire power.

"The terrorists eventually abandoned the town after suffering devastating casualties and ran towards the fringes of Lake Chad. The gallant troops are currently on the trail of the terrorists.

"The acting commander sector 3 Operation Lafiya Dole, Brigadier General Uwem Bassey, has reassured the law abiding citizens in Northen Borno state, of their safety and urged them to go about their normal businesses and farming activities.

"The general public is once again reminded to report anyone with gunshot wounds and any suspicious movement to the nearest security agents for prompt action."

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that at least 31 soldiers were reported dead, 19 injured and some others yet to be unaccounted for as Boko Haram insurgents allegedly invaded a base of the Nigerian Army in Borno state on Thursday, August 30.

Scores of Boko Haram fighters carried out the attack on the base located at Zari, a small community north of Maiduguri and near the border with Niger.

According to report, the insurgents stormed the base in 12 gun trucks while some others came on foot in the evening of that day.

Nigerian Air Force Operations Against Boko Haram | on Legit.ng TV

Subscribe to watch new videos

Source: Legit.ng

Mailfire view pixel