Adegboyega Oyetola, the All Progressives Congress governorship candidate has been declared the winner of the Osun re-run election. The re-run election was keenly contested between the winner and the Peoples Democratic candidate Senator Adeleke.
Legit.ng brings you 6 important things to know about Oyetola
1. Adegboyega Oyetola the governor-elect is a graduate of University of Lagos with a B.Sc (Hons) insurance, 1978 and MBA finance, 1990.
2. He is also an Associate of the Chartered Insurance Institute, London and Nigeria and a Member of the Nigerian Institute of Management.
3. He started his insurance career with Leadway Assurance Company after his NYSC in Maiduguri in 1980 as an assistant manager and rose to the position of area manager, control office, Lagos.
4. He was at Crusader Insurance as Underwriting Manager, Corporate Alliance Insurance as Controller Technical before he left to set up Silvertrust Insurance Brokers in 1990. He was on the Board of many companies.
5.He was the executive vice chairman of Paragon Group of Companies with interest in Oil and Gas, Real Estate, Stock Broking etc. until his appointment as the Chief of Staff to the Governor of the State of Osun. He is happily married with children.
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
6. Until his victory, the APC governor-elect was the chief of staff to the outgoing governor Rauf Aregbesola
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had reported that in the wake of the declaration of Oyetola as the governor elect, APC party chieftains celebrated the victory that was won after a fiercely contested rerun.
The re-run election which was marred by allegations of violence and voters intimidation ended a week of anxiety on who will become the governor of the state.
Osun Election 2018: INEC Did Not Ban Use of Phones at Polling Units } On NAIJ.TV