- Some Nigerian women took to the streets of Abuja in support of President Muhammadu Buhari
- The women also stormed the Presidential Villa to support President Buhari's effort in fighting terrorism
- The women said the policies of the president on terrorism have brought relative peace in the northeast
Hundreds of Women on Monday morning, September 17, besieged the Presidential Villa, Abuja to appreciate the efforts of President Muhammadu Buhari towards ending Insurgency in the north eastern part of the Nigeria.
The women who marched under the aegis of the Coalition of Nigerian Women for Peace carried various placards with inscriptions such as "Boko Haram is gone forever, we thank PMB, Abuja without bomb and Boko Haram" among others, were full of praises to the present administration for restoring peace to the northeast.
Led by their convener, Jaiyeola Mohammed, the women said despite threats by some persons four years ago, the will of God and the votes of Nigerians made President Buhari win the election at a time that Nigerians could barely step out of their homes for the fear of becoming victims of Boko Haram terror attacks.
Mohammed said: "We recall clearly those dark days when no one feels safe even inside Abuja, the nation’s capital. The roads leading to major institutions were sealed off to effectively convert most of the major roads into cul-de-sacs and two way roads where there were originally dual carriages.
"The situation was so bad that those the citizens should look up to for protection cordoned themselves in with concrete barriers as they fear for their own lives from Boko Haram.
"The reach of terror was speeding south and has spread as far down as Okene in Kogi state where the group had established cells.
"There was even an attack on troops’ convoy going through the state. Kaduna, Kano, Adamawa, Yobe, Gombe, Nassarawa, Plateau, Niger and other neighbouring states were practically in the grip of terror as the extremists had brought themselves to a point where they could strike in any of these places.
"But all that was before President Muhammadu Buhari came into office and gave the nation military chiefs that merit every single pip on their regalia."
She also said that it is on record that those that had vowed to make the country ungovernable did not relent in trying to use Boko Haram to actualise that threat.
"Thankfully, the military has been up to the task. The Nigerian Army has repeatedly trounced and punished the Boko Haram terrorists, living them no hiding place, chasing them from the aforementioned states into Sambisa Forest from where they have been chased into the desert; whatever remains of the group is being hunted down and dispatched from being able to terrorise the citizens anymore.
"The Air Force has seen to it from the skies that the terrorists have no hiding place. The Navy is perishing their thoughts of turning Lake Chad into a haven. The Intelligence Network is keeping itself several steps ahead of them. The ones with hope are Nigerians who will again live without the fear of Boko Haram terrorists.
"This is why we are glad when the Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai declared that the Army is tightening the noose around the pockets of Boko Haram remnants that continue to attempt showing off about being viable. General Buratai’s explanation as to how the few attacks by these pockets do not signal a resurgence is reassuring.
"This is contrary to the hype being promoted by the sponsors of these killers that they are on the rise again. We have seen through this trickery of these sponsors sending their fighters to carry out occasional attacks and then use this to ramp up fear among the population. The Nigerian Army is the expert in this matter and it is their assessment we will believe," Mohammed added.
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that Senate president Bukola Saraki, ex-governor of Sokoto state Alhaji Attahiru Bafarawa and ex-chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, expressed their opinion on the performance of President Muhammadu Buhari.
The trio differed on the performance of President Buhari. Ribadu said because Buhari was doing a good job, he would not contest against the president in 2019. Saraki said the president is presiding over a divided country. On his part, Bafarawa, said the APC has damaged the country.
Senator Kwankwaso Rabiu announces his Presidential Bid (Election 2019) | - on Legit.ng TV