Nigerian news All categories All tags
President Buhari to flag off the Osun basic health provision fund

President Buhari to flag off the Osun basic health provision fund

- President Muhammadu Buhari will flag off the Osun basic health provision fund

- The event will take place in Osogbo on Thursday, September 20

- It was gathered that the health provision fund would be flagged off along side Osun Health Insurance Scheme by the president

As part of federal government’s efforts to improve basic health care in the country, President Muhammadu Buhari will perform the national flag off of basic health provision fund in Osogbo, the Osun state capital.

Niyi Oginni, the executive director of Osun Health Insurance Scheme (O’HIS), who disclosed this at a news conference on Sunday, September 16, in Osogbo, said the flag off would be performed by the president and the health minister, Professor Isaac Adewole, on Thursday, September 20.

Oginni said that the basic health provision fund, which was signed into law under section 11 of 2014 Health Act, would be flagged off along side Osun Health Insurance Scheme by the president.

READ ALSO: PDP welcomes Dogara back, says his decision to defect is patriotic

He said that after the flag-off, malaria treatment, high blood check, diabetics screening would be free of charge for all residents.

Oginni said that under the scheme, delivery, anti-natal, post-natal and family planning would be free for pregnant women, while immunisation would be free for children.

He said other pilot states where the basic health fund scheme would be flagged-off include Abia, Niger, Katsina, Yobe and Edo.

Oginni said the basic health fund would be disbursed through the State Primary Health Care Development Agency and Social Health Insurance scheme.

He said the primary health care development agency would be responsible for personnel, infrastructure and purchase of consumables and drug.

“While the health insurance scheme will capture the data of those who have received services under the basic health fund," he said.

READ ALSO: Why Buhari must not contest 2019 election - Anglican Bishop warns

Oginni explained that under the insurance scheme, those who require further services, which basic health fund could not cover, would have to be enrolled into the scheme.

He said for civil servants and those in organised formal sector, who would be enrolled into the scheme, 1.5 per cent would be deducted from their basic salary while their employers would contribute 3% on a monthly basis.

Oginni said the beneficiary could add their spouse and four children who are under the age of 18 years. He said those in the informal sector could also be enrolled under the scheme. He said the health insurance scheme would provide robust health services for the people of the state.

Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that the Buhari 2019 Door to Door Ambassadors has been flagged off campaign ahead of the 2019 presidential election.

The ambassadors said it is planning to raise a whopping N1 billion for the campaign and successful re-election of the president of Nigeria ahead of the forthcoming exercise scheduled for 2019.

PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 new app

The declaration comes days after another group announced it purchased the presidential election form on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC) for President Muhammadu Buhari.

The crowd fundraising target of N1 billion comes with the tag Nigerians Fund PMB 2019 Primaries and is to be coordinated by the organisation led by Chris Kohol.

Election 2019: I represent the future - 36-year old APC presidential aspirant says on Legit.ng TV

Subscribe to watch new videos

Source: Legit.ng

Mailfire view pixel