- Oluseyi Olowookere has declared his interest in becoming the Ogun state governor in 2019
- Olowookere, an engineer, is seeking the ticket of the Alliance of Democracy in the governorship poll
- He promised that his government, if elected, will be responsive and accountable to the people
39-year-old Oluseyi Olowookere has joined the race to be the number one citizen of Ogun state in 2019 under the Alliance for Democracy (AD).
Olowookere, an electrical engineer, announced his decision to succeed Governor Ibikunle Amosun recently, while addressing supporters of the AD in Ogun state.
He stated that he has since realised that “all it takes is simple policies that can be sustained and implemented at the grassroots level to make Nigeria, and indeed Ogun state great.”
Speaking on his plans for the state, Olowookere said: “My vision for Ogun state is a self-sustaining state with consistent growth in critical development and economic indices year on year; a state where everyone desires to live, work and play.
“If I am elected, will be to deploy simple governance principles, technology and innovation for growth and sustainability in all sectors."
The framework of the AD's plans for Ogun state, includes;
1. Fiscal and growth sustainability in agriculture, state internal revenue, urban development, infrastructure, housing and micro-credit
2. Simple governance driven by technology and innovation
3. Human capital development and dignity in education, health and environment and
4. Institutional capacity development
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
He told the party supporters that during his consultation rounds across the state, he felt the pulse of the people, adding that “we know what the issues are.”
“We know that the real solution is one which the people contribute to. We will be responsive and accountable to the people and to the constitution of our great country.
“Together we will ensure every woman, child and male resident or visitor to any part of Ogun state has an evidential experience of a definite progression in life and well-being,” he added.
Meanwhile, the AD is set to flag off it's campaign for the forth-coming Osun governorship elections.
Legit.ng gathered that the event will be held on Thursday, September 13, at the Government Technical College, Oshogbo, the Osun state capital.
According to the press statement sent to journalists, party faithfuls would throng the venue to show solidarity for the AD’s gubernatorial candidate and his deputy who will be officially presented to the public.
Nigeria news: IDPs in Plateau getting ready for the elections on Legit.ng TV