- The Enugu state police command has reacted to the alleged proposed sit-at-home by some pro-Biafra groups
- The police commissioner in the state called on banks and residents to disregard the sit-at-home call
- He assured residents and banks in the state of his command’s resolve to continue to ensure a safe and secured state
Enugu state commissioner of police, Mohammed Danmallam, has reportedly called on banks, other financial institutions and residents to ignore the sit at home call by the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and go about their lawful businesses without fear of intimidation.
Vanguard reports Danmallam gave the assurance on Tuesday, September 11 in Enugu during a meeting with the Enugu Bankers Forum, an umbrella of banking practitioners comprising all banks in the state.
The meeting was called on the sidelines of the proposed sit-at-home being contemplated by some members of the public under the aegis of pro-Biafra groups on September 14 throughout the southeast.
It was gathered that the sit-at-home as proposed was meant for law-abiding members of the public especially within the southeast not to come out on September 14.
Legit.ng gathers that Danmallam also assured residents and banks in the state of his command’s resolve in partnership with other sister security agencies and relevant stakeholders to continue to ensure a safe and secured state, pointing out that the negative move was the handiwork of mischief makers.
He said: “There is nothing to worry about before, during and after September 14 concerning the alleged proposed sit-at-home being contemplated by some unpatriotic members of the public masquerading themselves as pro-Biafra groups.
“Security operatives of the command in partnership with other sister security agencies have put modalities in place towards fishing out those in this habit.
“I assure you that there is no cause for alarm as people are enjoined to go about their normal lawful businesses before, during and after the said date.”
The commissioner assured the bankers of adequate security to carry out their banking businesses and other lawful businesses without fear of any molestation by any person or group of persons.
PAY ATTENTION: Download our mobile app to enjoy the latest news updates
Legit.ng previously reported that security agents had unmasked the Nigerian suspected to be managing the France account of the Indigenous People Of Biafra (IPOB).
The minister of information, Lai Mohammed, had said that the group which has been proscribed was being sponsored from France.
The Nation reported that a security source confirmed that some Nigerians in diaspora were sending money to an account in Paris, France and that it was disbursed to IPOB members from there.
Acting President Yemi Osinbajo delivers a speech on the Biafra war - On Legit.ng TV