Nigerian news All categories All tags
Security agencies in Imo vow to crush IPOB over sit-at-home order

Security agencies in Imo vow to crush IPOB over sit-at-home order

- Heads of security agencies in Imo have vowed to crush IPOB over the sit-at-home order issued to residents of the state

- They said the proposed sit-at-home order was not in tandem with the laws of the land and urged people to go about their lawful business

- The security chiefs urged IPOB to explore lawful channels to press home their demands instead of threatening public peace

Following the September 14 sit-at-home order issued by the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), heads of security agencies in Imo state on Monday, September 10, vowed to crush members of the proscribed group.

Among those who declared readiness to crush IPOB are the brigadier commander, 34 Artillery Brigade, Obinze-Owerri, HI Bature and the Imo state commissioner of police, Dasuki Galadanchi, Punch reports.

Legit.ng gathers that others include the heads of the Nigeria Immigration Service, Air Force, Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, among others.

READ ALSO: Why Obaseki does not like politicians - APC chieftain

Galadanchi said the proposed sit-at-home order was not in tandem with the laws of the land, and described IPOB supporters as ‘miscreants’. He called on members of the public to ignore the order and go about their lawful business without fear.

He also disclosed that beginning from Tuesday, September 11, security operatives across the state would begin what he described as ‘Operation Show of Force’ to sensitise residents on the need to ignore the IPOB order.

Galadanchi said: “IPOB members should remember that where one person’s rights end, the other person’s rights begin. Imo state must be great in our time. The sit-at-home order is at variance with the law.

“Anybody who tries to threaten law-abiding citizens in the name of sit-at-home would have the security agencies to contend with."

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Similarly, Bature urged IPOB to explore lawful channels to press home their demands instead of threatening public peace. He pointed out that the Army and other security agencies had the capacity and ability to contend with the group.

Recall that Legit.ng previously reported that the Nigerian Army declared itself victorious over the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB).

The Army made the declaration in a statement by Colonel Sagir Musa, the deputy director public relations, 82 Division.

Ojukwu's bunker during Biafra conflict - on Legit.ng TV:

Source: Legit.ng

Mailfire view pixel