- The SARS officer who shot a student in Osun has reportedly been dismissed by the Nigerian Police Force
- The father of the deceased said the alleged killer has been remanded in prison, and that his case would be transferred to the state’s attorney general
- He disclosed that he had been offered money to withdraw the case, but that he refused
The Nigerian Police force has reportedly dismissed one Gbadamosi Lukman , the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) operative accused of shooting one Nafiu Tunde in Osun state.
In a chat with Sahara Reporters, the father of the deceased, Chief Saditu Nafiu Ayodele, reportedly stated: “Lukman was tried in the magistrate court, Osogbo on Thursday (September 6), and he has been dismissed from the Force, and remanded in Ilesha prison.
“The magistrate said his file will be transferred directly to the attorney general and commissioner for justice, Dr Surajudeen Ajibola Basiru.”
Legit.ng notes that Nafiu was reportedly shot dead by Gbadamosi on his way from Ile-Ogbo, a sleepy community in Iwo, Ayedere local government area of Osun state on Thursday, August 23, 2018.
Chief Ayodele also alleged that he had been offered monetary inducement to withdraw the case.
He said: “I have been offered money to withdraw the case from court but I rejected. They have been looking for people that are close to me to appeal, so as to accept the money secretly.
“Lukman's father-in-law is a traditional ruler in Ife, Osun state. He came appealing with his royal staff, but I declined."
Recall that Legit.ng previously reported that some irate youths set a police station ablaze in Iwo, Osun state, for the alleged killing of an undergraduate, Tunde Nafiu, by an officer attached to the Special Anti Robbery Squad (SARS) in the state.
The deceased was said to be spending holidays in the town when the ugly incident happened.
#ENDSARS or #REFORMSARS? Nigerians blow hot - on Legit.ng TV: