A student of the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Ogun state (FUNAAB), was on Friday, September 7 hospitalised after consuming a bottle of gin following a N5k bet with his friend.
According to reports, the 300 level Biochemistry student, identified as Hassan Faruk, had entered the bet with a colleague. However, after gulping the gin, he lost consciousness and was later rushed to the hospital.
As seen in the photos circulation online, the young man ingested a bottle of gin after which he had his head bowed.
In another photo, it can be seen that water is being poured on him by his friends.
The National Diploma (ND) II student died on his birthday after he suffered a yet to be disclosed illness.
Campuslife gathered that the deceased took ill a day before his birthday and was admitted into a hospital. On Thursday, Samson’s condition was said to have gone worse, he died in the hospital in the evening.
The late Samson was said to be full of life days before his death. He was part of the organisers of the PTI chapter of Arewa Students’ Union cultural day. He was the union’s Assistant General Secretary. May his soul rest in peace.
Osun Osogbo Festival - Behold the 'sacred' Arugba preparing for 2018 | Legit.ng TV - on Legit.ng TV.