Nigerian women know well how to tie Avant Garde gele quickly and easily and make it look awesome. They wear it so well and invent such incredible shapes and styles that leading designers copy these styles for their fashion shows. Let’s take a look at the most exquisite styles and find out how to recreate them at home.
Easily tie Avant Garde gele: tutorial
There ae several most unusual types of Avant Garde gele styles, which you can recreate easily with minimal efforts, owing to the detailed tutorial, which you will find below. Just a little practice and you will be able to create any awesome style and turn heads everywhere you wear it. You will find instructions on only several styles but it will be enough to gain a necessary skill. Later, you will be able to create new styles of your own based on these common principles.
READ ALSO: Latest turban styles in Nigeria
Let’s now find out how to tie a Rose gele. This is an extremely exquisite style, which attracts a lot of attention and looks amazing. Once upon a time it was invented by a lady who got extremely tired of wrapping her head tie in a regular way. So, she created this masterpiece, which we can enjoy now.
One recommendation before we start: if you want to tie your regular gele this way, it will look stunning. Yet, if you are going to show this style off at a certain occasion, it may be the right moment to purchase some fashionable fabric and expose its beauty in the shape of a lovely Rose gele.
READ ALSO: How to tie a turban cap to look stunning
- Take the head tie you’ve chosen and put it to the back of your head so that the ends are pulled out to the front. Then, make sure that both the ends are of the same length and that you are feeling comfortable
- Now, tie the ends of the head tie very firmly in the front of your head
- Choose one of the ends, it doesn’t matter much, which of them you will take, and wrap this end around your head. Secure the end with a hairpin
- Now, take the other end of your gele and start forming the rose shape by wrapping it in curves around the center. Make the curves voluminous and luxurious by putting your hand between the existing layer and the new one
- When there’s no more fabric, secure your rose shape with a hairpin and finish the styling. Also, now you can turn the rose around your head as you like. Some women like it on the side of their heads while others prefer a more frontal position. Choose the one that looks better on you and the one you like better
This is a simple tutorial regarding the Rose Gele. Another variation of the Avant Garde gele style is Orente gele, one more flower-like style. The main difference between these two styles is the presence of a special rope, which will help you create the necessary shape. Here’s how to tie Orente gele step by step:
- Put the chosen head tie to the back of your head and make sure the rope is exactly in the middle and both the ends of the gele are of the same length. Pull the ends to the front and secure with the rope
- Now, gather the fabric in such a way that it resembles a flower. Try any shapes and flower styles, which you like
- When the flower shape is done, secure the fabric with the help of the rope
- Take the loose ends and create leaves of the flower by tucking the ends under the flower shape
- Secure all the details and style the flower shape and the leaves in the way you want them to be
- Now, it’s time to adjust the gele on your head as you wish. Move it to the side or wear in the center of your head, as you wish
So, here are two ways of doing your head tie in such a way that it looks perfectly elegant and stunning. Practice either of them and discover the best for you. Create new looks and shine like a star with these awesome designs.
READ ALSO: How to tie gele with ankara: Step-by-step