Nigerian news All categories All tags
IGP orders sack of 3 policemen involved in illegal search of Edwin Clark's residence

IGP orders sack of 3 policemen involved in illegal search of Edwin Clark's residence

- The three police personnel involved in the illegal search of the residence of Chief Edwin Clark in Abuja have been dismisssed

- Police IG Idris ordered their immediate dismissal

- The Nigeria Police Force has since tendered an unreserved apology to Clark

The Inspector-General of Police Ibrahim Idris has ordered the immediate dismissal of three policemen involved in the illegal search of the residence of Chief Edwin Clark in Abuja.

This was contained in a statement sent to Legit.ng on Thursday, September 6, by the force public relations officer, ACP Jimoh Moshood.

The three personnel are namely: Inspector Godwin Musam, Inspector Sada Abubakar and Inspector Yabo Paul.

READ ALSO: If you are looking for arms go to Sambisa - Shehu Sani tells police

The fourth personnel involved, David Dominic, an Assistant Superintendent of Police, is under interdiction, according to the statement.

“ASP David Dominic was queried and being investigated for discreditable conduct, gegligence of duty and an act unbecoming of a police officer which constitute serious misconduct and if not checked can be inimical to the image of the Nigeria Police Force and violation of fundamental human rights of the elder statesman as provided for in the 1999 Nigeria Constitution as amended.

“The gravity of the offences against the officer is serious in nature and dismissal from service is imminent.

“Consequently, the Inspector General of Police approved that AP. No 158460 ASP David Dominic, be on interdiction from service pending the determination of his case by the Police Service Commission," the statement said.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

For the informant, Ismail Yakubu, the statement informed that he has been charged to Upper Area Court Mpape, Abuja, “for giving false information and telling falsehood that misled police action.”

Chief Clark, 91, had earlier expressed disappointment over the police raid on his Asokoro residence by policemen on the order of the IGP.

He said: “I have never one day thought about carrying gun, I have been fighting for the unity of this country, if at the age of 92 years, I am making statement, and they do not want me to talk, I will continue to talk, which is the position.

“I have been minister in this country, I have been a senator in this country and if by my age, I am nearing 92 years now, I will be accused of stockpiling weapons in my house, it is too bad.”

Lagos Police Commissioner Parades Suspected Criminals (Nigeria News) on Legit.ng TV

Source: Legit.ng

Mailfire view pixel