Nigerian news All categories All tags
Court sets hearing on Oni, Fayemi's case for September 25

Court sets hearing on Oni, Fayemi's case for September 25

- The hearing of a case filed against Kayode Fayemi by Segun Oni has been fixed for September 25, 2018

- Oni had earlier file a suit challenging the eligibility of Fayemi as Ekiti state governor-elect

A Federal High Court in Abuja has fixed September 25 this year for hearing in the suit challenging the eligibility of Ekiti state governor-elect, Kayode Fayemi, for the last governorship election in the state.

The suit was filed against Fayemi by Segun Oni.

The judge in charge of the case, Justice Nnamdi Dimgba, chose the date for the hearing on Wednesday.

READ ALSO: Breaking: I am going to the Senate in 2019 - Governor Amosun

The Nation reports that Oni’s lawyer, Anthony Adeniyi told the court that his client has complied with the order for substituted service on the defendants.

Fayemi’s lawyer, Rafiu Balogun, said his client was just served with the court processes and needed time to respond.

Meanwhile, Legit.ng earlier reported that the Ekiti state All Progressives Congress (APC) Elders’ Forum on Friday, August 31, appealed to former governor Segun Oni to withdraw the suit challenging the eligibility of the governor-elect, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, for the July 14 governorship election.

PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

The APC elders came out with the position at the end of a marathon meeting held in Igbara Odo, in Ekiti South West local government area of the state.

The meeting which was presided over by its chairman, Chief George Akosile, asked Oni to withdraw the case against the governor-elect in the interest of the party.

Did Ekiti residents take money to vote? | - on Legit.ng TV

Source: Legit.ng

Mailfire view pixel