This time we want to tell you about uses of soursop leaves. We are sure that you didn't expect that this herb has such a wide range of benefits, so it is time to know more about soursop and its leaves.
Uses of soursop leaves in the modern world
Soursop is a fruitful evergreen tree, the leaves exude strong flavour, and the fruit can weigh from three to seven kilograms. The list of soursop leaves health benefits is long.
One of the most known use of soursop leaves is tea. The leaves are used in the composition of tea as an aromatic additive. The juice of the leaves is added to tea and low-alcohol drinks, and the pulp of fruit has a wide application in cooking.
The leaves contain useful micro- and macronutrients, which makes the tea a valuable drink.
- Thanks to the vitamin C the leaves help to stop the development of colds.
- Because of a diuretic effect, the leaves help in the cases of kidney disorders and urolithiasis.
READ ALSO: Health benefit of pumpkin leaf juice
- The leaves can improve cardiovascular system and cleanse the liver.
- Vitamins of group B normalize metabolism, promote rapid weight loss without harm to health.
- Stimulation of the nervous system improves the processes of creative thinking, concentration and memory.
- Regular moderate drinking of tea with soursop leaves strengthens the immune system.
- The leaves can help in normalizing gastrointestinal tract.
- It is also known that tea with soursop leaves is an excellent preventive herb against cancerous growths.
- The drink made of soursop leaves perfectly quenches thirst in hot weather.
There are also other medicinal uses of soursop leaves:
- Leaves are used to establish the normal functioning of the nervous system. For this purpose, people use a decoction of comminuted leaves. Such medicine has sedative properties.
- Сrushed soursop leaves help with wound healing.
- Bathing with decoction from the leaves of soursop eliminate the pain syndrome of rheumatism. Soursop is a natural remedy that has amazing anti-inflammatory properties.
- Medical experts have found that the leaves of this useful tree effectively helps in fighting cancer cells. It is said that the leaves of soursop are very effective for the prevention and treatment of lungs and breast diseases, as well as prostate cancer.
- Treatment of urinary tract infection
Medical experts argue that drinking of soursop leaves tea has powerful healing effects against urinary tract infections. If you are prone to this disease, you can take this tea on a regular basis as a preventive means.
- Tea from soursop is great for treating gout
The use of tea from the leaves of soursop can help to alleviate the symptoms of gout.
- This is ideal remedy for the treatment of eczema
READ ALSO: Health benefits of soursop leaves tea
Experts also say that you can use these powerful leaves to treat such diseases as eczema. The best reason for using these leaves is that they do not have any adverse side effects, unlike most steroids. You just apply a compress on the areas of the body affected by eczema to take full advantage of its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Helps to improve the immune system
If you have a runny nose, cough, flu, or other diseases and infections, then this may be the cause of a weak immune system. Then you should definitely try the tea made of the leaves of soursop because it is a great way to protect the body from the the invasion of microbes.
Soursop leaves side effects
- The drink is not recommended for those who have a depleted nervous system, because the leaves have a high content of caffeine. People with emotional instability, tachycardia and insomnia should be careful with this drink. Side effects can be expressed in a headache, sleep disturbances, dizziness, and outbreaks of aggression.
- Green tea with soursop lowers blood pressure, that is why this drink is contraindicated to those who suffer from hypotension.
READ ALSO: Medicinal plants in Nigeria
- Pregnant women and women during menstruation should be careful with this drink.
- The tea increases the acidity of the stomach.
How to prepare a drink with soursop leaves
There are no specific rules for preparing the tea with soursop leaves. One should just adhere to the sequence of actions that are inherent in the preparation of classical types of black and green tea. Everyone can buy the tea in a loose form. It is usually sold in cans or packs, or in specialized tea bags.
In order to brew large leaf tea, you need to do following:
One tablespoon of the mixture, which is in dry form, is required to be covered with hot water (about 2 cups). The optimum temperature for boiling the water is 85-90 degrees. The kettle should be covered with a lid and the tea boiled for 7 minutes. The resulting liquid can be poured into a cup, and you can also save the leaves for further brewing. So it is possible to brew the tea twice.
Now you know the use of soursop leaves, we hope that this information will be helpful for you.
READ ALSO: Health benefits of alligator pepper